T-Nuts on a Foxbox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have had to take my subs out of my box 4 times due to rewire/ mount to truck etc. i was using 2inch long course drywall screws, now the box looks like ****
there is hole everywhere!

has anyone used t-nuts and a bolt on a foxbox? if so, what are the size of everything,

and can i drill out a existing hole i used with the drywall screws so the kicker wont be cockeyed,

thanks a bunch

Westslope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know very little about car audio, but I am a carpenter and know a lot about MDF, assuming you box is constructed with it. Drywall screws don't play very nice with MDF, the tnuts might work fine, but being so close to the sub opening could cause further box damage. My suggestion would be to clean up the holes and then fill with wood and wood glue. A couple toothpicks would most likely fit just fine. Let the glue set for an hour or so. I would personally use a pan head screw, and don't forget to predrill.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless someone knows something better than I, I don't think that T nuts will hold for a crap in torn up MDF.

Perhaps you could epoxy the t nuts to the inside of the enclosure, and just make sure you have the sub wrapped with foil so the epoxy doesn't stick to it..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado