Tapping in to DRL wire for switch back led power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have some switchback morimoto LEDs I ordered and was wondering where the best place to tap into these wires and what method. I need power, and the turn signal power. I also may want to add a switch so I can turn them off whenever I want. Many thanks

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
What headlights do you have?

OEM projector colors and harness pin #:
2 - parking - green
13 - ground - black
4 - DRL - orange
12 - turns - gray

Pin info courtesy of Retroshop.us

OP
OP
F

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect thanks, what's the best place and way to tap into them so it's not that obvious? Cheers

Last edited:

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
What exactly are you putting in there? If you're doing halos or something, you will have to take the lights apart completely. Once inside you will see lots of space to splice. You may want to use T-taps. But the switchbacks probably have some sort of driver that needs to be wired up.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your truck doesnt have DRL's currently you will have to run it to an ignition source.

OP
OP
F

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 ram sport with projectors. I did the fxr retro and mounted the morimoto ram u spec kit which has a halo and a u-bar. My truck has DRL. What I might do is tie into ignition power using a fuse tap kind of thing or maybe just have it switched since I want to switch it anyways. That way I would only have to tap into one wire which would be the signal wire. Hopefully from the back of the headlight I can access it cause I really don't want to open them up. The u spec kit has a driver for each halo and u bar with a white, yellow and black wire. White is for white light, yellow for amber and black is ground. Pretty straight forward. Thanks for all the info appreciate it. Will try to tackle it this weekend.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Gotcha, I understand now. You should be able to see the wires when you open the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye