Those who are running or thinking about Customtronix RAX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bounced some emails off Magnus at Customtronix regarding the Uconnect update.

Me:
With the new Uconnect software being pushed through 3G cell to radio, what is Customtronix plan for current RAX jailbreak customers and future customers?
Do you have a time frame targeted for your software to become compatible?
With your permission, I will post your response on the RAMFORUM.COM site to inform the members.

Magnus:
Hi!

The problem is that we need to find a new way in to the system since they new have closed the windows we have used! This is a problem for the cars that comes with oem software at the moment! We have No estimated time yet could a day or weeks

For all of our customer who already had our software installed will soon get a 17.11.XX update! We are testing it as we speak

Yeah for Sure ! The more Who knows the better it is

Last edited:

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to see he is working on it. I'm happy FCA is doing the 17 update on selected 2013+ radios. I've seen posts on FCA in the past where the new upgrades were "not possible" with older head units. Check it out in the comments section on these sites.

https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/2015/06/26/five-big-updates-for-2016-uconnect-8-4-2/

https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...een-adds-android-auto-apple-carplay-for-2017/

The funny thing is android auto and apple car play are released in the Pacifica and have the same builds as other 8.4's yet FCA is still claiming the software is not compatible due to hardware limitations.

It's super frustrating how big corporations jerk people around.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

lookbothways

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2016 RAM 2500 with Customtronix RAX hack installed running Jailbreaker-16.33.2936-NA-MY16-For-VP4-NA. Upon my UConnect update prompts, I immediately sent out an email to Magnus & he got right back in touch. He sent me a download link for the updated jailbreak version 17.11 and stated there was no need for rollback or token file and to simply put the new version on thumb drive, Update the Nav, and install the new Jailbreaker 17.11

So with that said, after accepting the UConnect update which only took about 4 minutes on my system, I still had all my original jailbreak features in tact. Even my custom splash screen of a Bighorn Sheep remained at startup. So I lost nothing Customtronix wise with the forced update. Contacted Magnus again and he said to just go all the way anyway with the newer version hack.....

OP
OP
boomer632

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive sent several emails asking when a patch will be available to install my 2017 map update I bought from FCA. Nothing yet.