Tweeters for Sail Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I knew it was going to happen......my Focal TN43's are giving out, can you say crackle? They are rated at 15 Watts RMS, peaking to 100. When you are throwing 85 RMS at them, things are going to give. ;)

The current tweeters are in my sails and I would like to keep them there. Anyone have advice for a good tweeter that will fit? I know a few of you are running Legatia but they are way out of the budget. I'd like to get away with $200 for a pair that can RMS at least 50 Watts.

Thanks!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I really don't know unfortunately but brad had some in there before his hats

AmoAgave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There seems to be a decent amount of room in the sails for even larger tweeters. I pulled mine off today since I'm thinking of running a 3" full range from there. The windshield issues seem to great to overcome. CDT Audio makes some nice 2" you can run down reasonably low.
CDT Audio HD-2

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7 "The real deal"
I guess the real question is what is your budget?

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A little out of your price range....but you will find none better.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...luminator-d3004/6020-00-tweeter-textile-dome/

And this is why I asked here! That is the exact speaker I was looking for. Every time I do a search I get other Scan models that are not round. I don't know why but both MS and PE don't seem to list all of their parts when you do a browse. Anyways, thank you. Yes, it is a little over budget but I truly believe the Scans are worth it, the stats and reviews are second to none.

But now another question and a caveat.

My experience is with a Helix Silk Dome and a Focal Aluminum. I much prefer the Helix, more realistic and airy IMO. So with that in mind, if I handed you a set of each, which one would you throw in the truck?

David, thanks. I don't know that I'll ever see HAT in my vehicle. It's hard pulling the trigger on something like that when the wife and kids pull the trigger on everything else! ;)

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
And this is why I asked here! That is the exact speaker I was looking for. Every time I do a search I get other Scan models that are not round. I don't know why but both MS and PE don't seem to list all of their parts when you do a browse. Anyways, thank you. Yes, it is a little over budget but I truly believe the Scans are worth it, the stats and reviews are second to none.

But now another question and a caveat.

My experience is with a Helix Silk Dome and a Focal Aluminum. I much prefer the Helix, more realistic and airy IMO. So with that in mind, if I handed you a set of each, which one would you throw in the truck?

David, thanks. I don't know that I'll ever see HAT in my vehicle. It's hard pulling the trigger on something like that when the wife and kids pull the trigger on everything else! ;)

Choice between Helix and Focal? The Helix without a doubt....I had the Digital Designs version.....of the Helix and loved it. You won't regret going with the Scans...truly the best compact dome on the market. Just be careful with the terminals as they are very easy to break off.

AT28 | DD Audio

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Here is the Helix that is the exact same tweeter as the Digital Designs I posted...

HELIX C 1T

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Choice between Helix and Focal? The Helix without a doubt

I thought I worded that odd. I was trying to give an example of the sound I like but I did poorly at that. So knowing the sound I like, of all of the speakers you listed, which one would you recommend?