Uconnect 5.0 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
On my way to dealership now .

Mine is also rebooting on FM as source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was rebooting in FM as well. Hopefully just a SIRIUS push that made it all freak out

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They said they would alert their programming / engineering team right away. Ramecares has also been made aware so FCA will know.

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I had the same issue this morning. On my 30 mile commute my radio reset four times. I have the 5.0 radio and listen to mostly satellite. I had no issues yesterday, when I get a chance I will be calling the dealer.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing here guys... UConnect 5.0 and it would freeze and then reset repeatedly on my drive to work. Happened every 5-7 minutes probably on my 45 minute drive. This is very weird that it is all happening at the same time today to people only with the 5.0 radiu unit.

I work for an auto dealership group and just emailed the service director at Ram. Will let you guys know if I get anything useful back. Hopefully this is just an issue with Sirius or something.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Just left dealership, said they ordered me a new radio [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just left dealership, said they ordered me a new radio [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Seems a little premature based on what we are seeing in this thread... unless a big recall on the 5.0's could be coming.

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You can add me to this list. Mine would get stuck and then eventually reboot. Happened twice this morning. Sadly whenever something like this happens it takes out the backup camera too.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Seems a little premature based on what we are seeing in this thread... unless a big recall on the 5.0's could be coming.

I didn't mention knowing that anyone else had issues...... just wanted to see what their response would be. Which is typically to file for a warranty and make those dollars. But anyway, at least I'm pretty sure whatever's going on hasn't made it to dealers yet.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing here guys... UConnect 5.0 and it would freeze and then reset repeatedly on my drive to work. Happened every 5-7 minutes probably on my 45 minute drive. This is very weird that it is all happening at the same time today to people only with the 5.0 radiu unit.

I work for an auto dealership group and just emailed the service director at Ram. Will let you guys know if I get anything useful back. Hopefully this is just an issue with Sirius or something.

UPDATE - I just got off the phone with our Ram service director and he said it sounds like a Sirius XM issue but there is also a chance that a software update is needed on the UConnect 5.0 units. I am going to take mine over there to him later and they will plug it in and check for an update. Will keep you guys posted.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Uconnect 3.0 radio and when I tried to listen to satellite radio this morning - mine also acted very weird.....freezing up and stuff. Very unusual

OP
OP
M

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
I checked the uconnect website and the latest version is 11.01.00.00 from the uconnect website. Which I have in my truck. wonder if a new update will be out shortly...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
UPDATE - I just got off the phone with our Ram service director and he said it sounds like a Sirius XM issue but there is also a chance that a software update is needed on the UConnect 5.0 units. I am going to take mine over there to him later and they will plug it in and check for an update. Will keep you guys posted.

As of an hour ago, according to my dealer, there were no updates available. Which is why they ordered me a new radio.

TomR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing here, reboot every 9-10 minutes, back up camera didn't work. Shut the truck, restarted and camera worked, but didn't run it for 10 minutes. I'll post an update.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for an update from myself...I sat in my truck during my 30 min lunch break, listened to my phone via Bluetooth which was the same as when the occurrence happened this morning and it did not cut out for a solid 30 min.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
So for an update from myself...I sat in my truck during my 30 min lunch break, listened to my phone via Bluetooth which was the same as when the occurrence happened this morning and it did not cut out for a solid 30 min.
Interesting. Maybe just a behind the scenes push from SAT radio. I'll check in after my ride home as well

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk