Uconnect 5.0 malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Just curious if this has happened to anyone else:

I went to start the truck yesterday (2103) and must have not held it in the start position long enough. The truck didn't start so I hit the mute button on the 5.0 and started it again to make sure I couldn't hear a problem with the engine. It started fine the second time and I hit the mute button again to get sound back but it would not un-mute. I tried changing stations and it appeared do change them but still no sound. I hit the media button to switch to my phone and it brought up the screen as normal but did not display the song that was que'd up and still had no volume.

I shut the truck off, pulled the key, opened & closed the door and started it again, still no audio. I went ahead and started driving home, I stopped one more time and shut it off but it still wouldn't work. I hit the voice recognition and told it to play Bluetooth audio and it worked but the radio still wouldn't play audio.

I got home, shut if off and went in the house to eat lunch. I grabbed my camera when I was done and was going to take a video and of course when I started the truck everything worked normally.

Anyone experience something like this? Just wondering if this might be an early warning of things to come and if I need to start saving for a replacement head unit.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's hard to say exactly what was going on but it's probably just some type of a glitch because you hit the mute button on the restart. If it corrected itself I wouldn't worry to much about it for now. Luckily if your 5.0 ends up giving you more problems or completely going out they are not to expensive at all and are pretty easy to find.