Uconnect 5.0 Software Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello All, just wanted to let everyone know that version 5.20.2.1 is now available off of the Uconnect site here. I have not been able to find what the fixes are but I will say that it is much more responsive and it does add album art to the screen if you are using an Ipod. One issue I will note is that the compass (just on the radio) says "No Signal" and has not fixed itself. reloading the update did not help. Otherwise just an FYI...

Canadian Ram owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
uconnect 5.0 update help????

Hello, I just went to my local dealer yesterday with a functioning u connect 5.0 system and they attempted to do the new update and now I have NO radio at all. They tried a few times and it kept failing. In Canada you can not access the software update on the u connect web site yourself. If some one could find a way to post a different link to the update that would be awesome, because the dealer has to order me a new radio and they think it may take a few weeks to come in. I would be willing to try and put in the update again, who knows mabey I would get lucky. All I know is no radio really sucks !!!!

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have read that this update is crashing some of the 5.0 radios

Chadillac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the Uconnect site and all it does is download the Akamai Installer. No file shows up to update. Anyone else have issues?

BlackRAM14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was able to download the update after trying on a few different computers. It worked on google chrome. I wasnt able to find any new features, but it seems a bit faster

Hammerheadc4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
The dealer did this update to my truck when I went in for an oil change...they did NOT ask me, they just did it......update failed and now I have no radio....they will let me know on Monday how long it will take for the new radio to get to the dealer.

OP
OP
apepe0738

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ended up updating mine twice to try and get the compass to work just in case it had a hiccup the first time. Unfortunately it still says "No Signal". Not too big a deal as I just pay attention to the one in the EVIC anyway, but would be nice if everything worked like it should. Never had an issue with the install, all I can say is make sure you print out the instructions and follow them. Everything is pretty straight forward except for the end, I am wondering if this is where the dealer messed up for some of you? Anyway I hope they come out with another update to address the bugs. Shouldn't put it out if it hasn't been tested which by how many of you are saying they have issues, it never was...

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I flashed my uConnect to the version that was released in January using a PC but couldn't get it to work with a MAC. I brought my truck into the dealer on 4/14 and they said they updated my uConnect 5.0. I wonder what version they put on. It seems to be working fine. Does anyone know how to find out what version I am really running? I wonder of the dealer gets the updates before they are released on the website.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I tried to download the update, but after the installation , the only thing I can do is close. No new window. Nothing happen. Tried on 2 computer.

And the uconnect update website don't work on both computer with Firefox or chrome. Work on internet explorer but cant get the update since nothing happen after the installation

Damn

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Finally It began to download the update. Crashed . Then my vin is associated to a uconnect 3.0 now. Impossible to download it again.

Wtf is this ****

BigAlH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had to use IE 8 to get it to work. Make sure you select Run and not save on the initial file and that you have IE set to allow all popups. After it runs it might take a minute or so until it kicks into the download.

The upgrade file is only around 500mb so you don't need a 4gb thumb drive.

As for the update, only noticeable difference for me are some extra apps (Pandora, Slacker Radio, iHeart Radio etc.). I tried once to run Slacker but it said it had to connect to the store and I never could get it to work.

I'll play with it more later...

Good luck trying to get the install working!

-al

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to use IE 8 to get it to work. Make sure you select Run and not save on the initial file and that you have IE set to allow all popups. After it runs it might take a minute or so until it kicks into the download.

The upgrade file is only around 500mb so you don't need a 4gb thumb drive.

As for the update, only noticeable difference for me are some extra apps (Pandora, Slacker Radio, iHeart Radio etc.). I tried once to run Slacker but it said it had to connect to the store and I never could get it to work.

I'll play with it more later...

Good luck trying to get the install working!

-al

Apps for uConnect 5.0 with this upgrade? I thought they were only available with a 8.4 system.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Dang, if it has all these bugs then I wouldn't worry about it. Lol. It's sounds like RAM needs to stay away from programming stuff. Because their UCONNECT app in the Google play store is junk as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Finally did it through.

Had to put the Chrysler page in compatibility mode with ie 11. ( tool - Compatibility setting - add ) You must be on the Chrysler update page where you enter your vin.

The " compatibility setting " may have another name, since my browser is in french, I only did a simple translation of it ( Gérer les modules complémentaire) .

Also you must do all step explained in the tutorial, in the same sequence. Ex: Format the usb key

For the update itself, like said before, the radio is faster, especially for the Bluetooth connection. My sms seems to work almost well now. Before the upgrade , the radio got the sms few hours later, now it's instantly.

But I got few bugs like : the radio send the signal that I received a sms, but read a older sms. Strange....

Last edited:

BigAlH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Apps for uConnect 5.0 with this upgrade? I thought they were only available with a 8.4 system.

Doh.. you are correct. I was referring to 8.4. Lost my context for a minute... :)

-al

StPat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
The dealer did this update to my truck when I went in for an oil change...they did NOT ask me, they just did it......update failed and now I have no radio....they will let me know on Monday how long it will take for the new radio to get to the dealer.

Same here. happened to me on Thursday. They told me 3-5 days for the new one. They gave me the oil change for free. Im still not happy about it.
I wonder if they can upgrade me to the 8" screen !!

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Same here. happened to me on Thursday. They told me 3-5 days for the new one. They gave me the oil change for free. Im still not happy about it.
I wonder if they can upgrade me to the 8" screen !!

I doubt they will do that. That would be more than just a couple hundred dollars. If they do, ya better go get a powerball lottery ticket. Because your one very lucky person. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm happy with the radio function for the most part on UCoonect 5.0. Occasionally the satellite radio freezes and won't change station. When that happens I turn the truck off for a few minutes and it restarts working properly.

However, I'm not at all impressed with the compass function when I already have a directional indicator in the EVIC, and the "+MORE" only shows the time... Once again this is redundant when the radio and EVIC already have a clock. I haven't been able to find any apps to add to "+MORE" either. I was much more impressed with the 8.4 in the 2500 Big Horn I had; But obviously that's like comparing a smart phone to my cell 10 years ago.

TruckTime19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Here's what the radio will look like with the album art when using an Ipod. The album art is a 1 inch square box.

Attachments

• 20140428_184032.jpg
    20140428_184032.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,738
Last edited:

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here what the radio will look like with the album art when using an Ipod. The album art is a 1 inch square box.

Ipod is hooked up to the center console USB? Mine doesn't display the album art. It's Ok, I can live without it I want my radio to continue working.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45