Uconnect 5.0 upgrade problems...anyone else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my 2014 Ram in to the dealer for a recall that I received in the mail...it said the Uconnect needed a software upgrade.

I don't know what it fixed but I know I liked it better before. Here are the issues:

1. Bluetooth seldom understands voice commands. I have to repeat voice commands many time and often have to turn it off and back on and start over.

2. Backup camera has two issues....it used to provide a pretty clear picture and now it is fuzzy and almost unusable at night. Also, the screen is now smaller...it use to fill the entire screen with the rear view, but now it has black bars on either side of the screen that reduce the size of the picture.

Anyone else have these issues??? I wish they would have left it alone as it worked great before!!!!!!!

ZAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like mine. Although I updated mine myself. Never thought I would say this but I miss my Ford SYNC in my old Super Duty. Voice commands with the uconnect is an absolute joke.

OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep....My wife has a new mustang and the sync is amazing compared to the Junk uconnect.