uconnect 5 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
went out shopping earlier and when i got back into the truck the screen just showed the ram logo and wouldn't move from that. i pulled over and restarted the truck thinking it was just a little glitch and would reset but no difference. when i put it into reverse the back up camera comes on normal but then when going forward it flashes between the camera and a blue/grey screen until i turn the truck off. no buttons except mute and volume work. the radio does play but without buttons it's stuck on whatever station i had before it started acting up

anyone else had this happen? truck isn't even a year old yet so not very happy about this

OP
OP
A

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to the dealer today and it needs a new radio. Dealer said they have been having a lot of issues with the 5.0 so I'm trying to get them to upgrade it to the 8.4, hopefully it's better but I don't have much faith after talking to the dealer about the issues they've been seeing

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
not that bad but my radio no longer recognized the text message function on my phone. rest of the blue tooth seems to work fine.

OP
OP
A

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was a no go on the upgrade. Chrysler said it has to be the same part number for any warranty work. Apparently they'd also have to change the dash and the price gap between the 5.0 and 8.4 is pretty big so didn't sound like it'd be worth it anyway

I'm kinda worried about how it's gonna hold up long term. From what I've read the radio is quite expensive so I'd hate for it to go again when the warranty is up

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the radio itself is a simple swap. the problem is the the volume knob. the only way to control the volume is with the steering wheel controls since the 5.0 doesnt have the extra knob.

there is a prototype kit out there that has a volume switch on it also but hasnt been released yet.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 5.0 has a volume knob. I don't have steering wheel controls.

OP
OP
A

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its part of the actual radio though.

the 8.4 have them below the screen in the bezel

yeah after looking at some pictures even the heat/AC controls are different so looks kinda involved. too bad they didn't make it a straight swap