Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No update yet.. have ra3 to ra4 upgrade mod and factory sharkfin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've upgraded to the RA4 8.4NA from an RA1 3.0 in my 14 Ram , not sure if I'll even get the update notification ( likely not ) but I have pretty good Sprint 3G coverage with my 911 delete / fooler plug.

My wife has a 16 Challenger RT Plus with the RA4 8.4NA as OEM Equipment and she has not received an ( OTA ) notification for the update yet ...

☆☆☆☆☆UPDATE☆☆☆☆☆
6-2-17 The wife's Challenger still has not received an (OTA) notification of an Update .
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pitboss000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not on mine yet, but it's garaged most of the time. I'm still getting sat radio a month after the introductory subscription expired lol...

casey54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did my download a couple of days ago. Knew I was going on a trip, so I stopped at the end of the driveway and put it in park to force the update screen to come on. Picked the button to upgrade, put it in gear and drove. The radio screen disappears while the software is downloading, but you can still hear whatever station you have it tuned to. Once the software is downloaded, the radio turns off and the update starts. Overall, it took about 45 minutes.

Only change I have noticed so far is the female voice has changed some. Also, when using the USB to play MP3 files it wants to play the songs on my albums in alphabetical order rather than album order. If anyone knows how to fix that, it would be appreciated.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still no update here in New Orleans..

Sent from my telephone using Tapatalk

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did my download a couple of days ago. Knew I was going on a trip, so I stopped at the end of the driveway and put it in park to force the update screen to come on. Picked the button to upgrade, put it in gear and drove. The radio screen disappears while the software is downloading, but you can still hear whatever station you have it tuned to. Once the software is downloaded, the radio turns off and the update starts. Overall, it took about 45 minutes.

Only change I have noticed so far is the female voice has changed some. Also, when using the USB to play MP3 files it wants to play the songs on my albums in alphabetical order rather than album order. If anyone knows how to fix that, it would be appreciated.

My radio does the same crap, all album songs are alphabetical. My old 8.4 kept the same order as the original album content. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix it, I am afraid this is part of it. And this is probably last update for these radios. Be nice if you could roll back as I was satisfied with how it performed then.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, when using the USB to play MP3 files it wants to play the songs on my albums in alphabetical order rather than album order. If anyone knows how to fix that, it would be appreciated.

Well, that's stupid and annoying. I haven't gotten the update yet and now I kind of don't want to. I have over 500 albums on my USB and that's all I listen to.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, when using the USB to play MP3 files it wants to play the songs on my albums in alphabetical order rather than album order. If anyone knows how to fix that, it would be appreciated.

You got me thinking. I remember that some of my older music had the file name different than the track name. As you see in the bottom pic, I bet if you named the file name (not track name) with a number in front it would keep the order....but, if you have a lot of music, there's no way you're gonna change all of those file names!

Attachments

• InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 174

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Wondering how the Pandora fix is. Mine will stop playing after 2 or 3 songs. Pandora through Bluetooth is perfect though.

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did my download a couple of days ago. Knew I was going on a trip, so I stopped at the end of the driveway and put it in park to force the update screen to come on. Picked the button to upgrade, put it in gear and drove.

So how do you force the update to start?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So how do you force the update to start?

By having the vehicle running in park & the shark fin antenna in clear view of the sky ...he likely parks in a garage or in an area with obstructed view .
Also , he has already been getting the update notifications previously .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm running the latest 16.16.13 and I cannot get the prompt for 17.11.07. When I go to uconnect.com and enter my vin to check for updates, it says I need to update to 16.16.13.

Why can't the 17 update be a computer USB download from uconnects website!?!

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone that's updated notice that station presets and Bluetooth connections have been reset as warned in the dealer instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk