Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lak8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
The site still won't let me download... another day goes by.

Same thing. Just tried to down the update UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.11.07_MY14

when trying to manually download from the uconnect site i get "An error occured. Please try again" also the Akamai® NetSession link dosn't do anything when clicking on it.

I tired Chrome, IE, Edge. All with add block disabled. hmm. I guess website must be down.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Same thing. Just tried to down the update UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.11.07_MY14

when trying to manually download from the uconnect site i get "An error occured. Please try again" also the Akamai[emoji768] NetSession link dosn't do anything when clicking on it.

I tired Chrome, IE, Edge. All with add block disabled. hmm. I guess website must be down.
Ad block is one piece, but did you disable the browsers built in pop up blocker too? Gotta do that or it fails.

I was sleeping when I sent this...

lak8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Ad block is one piece, but did you disable the browsers built in pop up blocker too? Gotta do that or it fails.

yes, I disabled them on both google chrome and MS edge browsers. Both did nothing. popup comes up with when i click on download. Other user sdez_ seems to be having same problem

"An error occured. Please try again"

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
yes, I disabled them on both google chrome and MS edge browsers. Both did nothing. popup comes up with when i click on download. Other user sdez_ seems to be having same problem

"An error occured. Please try again"
Here's just a thought based on what I had to do:

Use Internet Explorer instead of Edge or Chrome. IE and Edge are quite different.

Since I use Linux I had to use IE in a Windows 10 virtual machine. No other browser would work nor would wine for some reason, so I am suspicious maybe that has something to do with it?

If you like- you can PM me your VIN (I promise I am not a crook LOL!) and I can troubleshoot a bit for you. I would just use mine, but I am not sure if there are different rollouts for different head units (8.4A vs AN etc) and not sure if the .ca site will take a US vin and vice versa.

lak8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
website seems broken for 2014updates. Read on the jeep forums they are having the same problems.

disabled the everything on IE as well. Nothing. for sure a website problem.

I followed this video as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBgOs4dySNQ. I get right upto the 1:40 mark on the video. The first quick pop-up message appears then goes to a "An error occured. Please try again" i never see the 1:41 mark/screen on the video

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
I just checked my new-to-me 2014 and it shows Software Version 17.11.17.
Is this more up to date than the 17.11.07 ?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the 17-11-07 update in my 2016 RA4 installed in my 2014 Express. I have been having intermittent problems with my radio volume not working and other small issues for a few months now. Since this is a common problem with 2016 radios in 13 and 14 Rams I am hoping the update will take away the problem. Fingers crossed so far so good the radio seems to be functioning normally. I did definitely notice a lag in my navigation, I'm hoping this goes away. I also updated the firmware because I'm planning on trying to install the 2017 Map update and it cannot be installed and less you have the latest firmware version. The map update requires you to type in your VIN number on the Uconnect website to get your code so I'm hoping it all goes smoothly since my truck did not come with this radio.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One other thing I forgot to mention. I am not sure if this is been brought up or not but when downloading the firmware with a USB stick my radio stopped several times and rebooted before it went to step 3. It did it at least four or five times. I was thinking I might have to pull the USB stick because I thought the radio was malfunctioning and just hope I didn't brick the radio. I texted another member while I was watching it do this who told me that he had the same issue and just give it so.e more time. Lo and behold the next cycle it booted and loaded properly. Long story short if you download the firmware yourself from the website and update your radio give it time if it reboots several times it appears to be a normal function.

lak8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I just checked my new-to-me 2014 and it shows Software Version 17.11.17.
Is this more up to date than the 17.11.07 ?
I was wondering this aswell.

What is different between 17.11.07 vs 17.11.17

sdez_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram 2013 8.4 w/nav still no go on the download... anyone have it to share?

lak8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Lak8... did you get it to download?

nope, not yet.

I'm in no real rush so i don't mind waiting until they fix there website.. hopefully they get the issue resolved before X-mas :sleepy:

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry for the delay. If you bought this through infotainment directly I would not troubleshoot any further without their guidance. They charge a premium and that means (to me) that they should back up their sale with service.

To be honest, your issue is new to me. Haven't seen this one yet. If you didn't purchase it directly from infotainment then my next move would be reflashing the firmware appropriate for the radio part number.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I bought directly from Infotainment and I asked them about the problem. They wrote me back and stated that it must not be getting the information from the BCM (the comfort and control codes) They stated that if i add the codes this should correct the issue with my radio. I would have to either take it to the dealer (assuming they could even add the codes if it was an option for my truck) or buy a genie at $199.

I did find the VIN for the radio that infotainment sent me (2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee) and I pulled the VIN in Uconnect and it says that I have an update available but it is the same load that the radio is currently on 17.11.07 so I dont think flashing it is an option.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this is been mentioned or not but I have a 2014 Express that originally had an RA2 that I upgraded to a 2016 RA4. I was able to update my Firmware to 17.11.07 and I was able to successfully update my maps today as well. I'm only mentioning this because both Uconnect and Here told me that I would be unable to update my maps because my truck did not come with the proper radio. They were very nice but the information they had was incorrect. I know a lot of people don't want to pay the $150 to update their Maps. I am one of those people that likes to try to keep them as updated as possible. So any other people that have done the conversion it is possible to update your Maps if you choose to.

Last edited:

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if this is been mentioned or not but I have a 2014 Express that originally had an RA2 that I upgraded to a 2016 RA4. I was able to update my Firmware to 17.11.07 and I was able to successfully update my maps today as well. I'm only mentioning this because both Uconnect and Here told me that I would be unable to update my maps because my truck did not come with the proper radio. They were very nice but the information they had was incorrect. I know a lot of people don't want to pay the $150 to update their Maps. I am one of those people that likes to try to keep them as updated as possible. So any other people that have done the conversion it is possible to update your Maps if you choose to.

Was the update done via the website ordering, or did you need human interaction to facilitate the sale? What info was needed to do the update?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was the update done via the website ordering, or did you need human interaction to facilitate the sale? What info was needed to do the update?
I purchased update online and had it shipped to my house. It comes in a USB stick you download into your radio. They don't ask you for much information when you order it just the year and whether or not it was an RA3 or an RA4 radio. Once you get the USB stick if you open the container it comes in there will be a series of numbers printed inside the case above the USB stick. That is the serial ID number of your particular USB stick. Before you even get started downloading your new firmware go out to your truck right down YOUR VIN# NOT the doner Vin# and double check to make sure software version of your radio is 17.11.07 by going into your settings menu and clicking on system information. You cannot download the new maps unless you have the current firmware. Once you've established that you have the current firmware go on the Uconnect site and click on activation under the Ram logo. At this point it's going to ask you for the serial number that's printed on the package above the USB stick plus your e-mail address. Make sure you put the DASHES between the number sets of the serial number when you type them in. Complete those two sections and click submit. It will now show three more sections you need to fill out which are YOUR VIN# the Request Code for the radio plus your Firmware version. Type in your VIN number and your firmware version and have it ready before you actually insert the USB stick to get your request code. Make sure when you type in the Firmware version you put the DOTS between the number sets. This is where it gets a little tricky. Every time you turn your key on and off the radio will generate a different request code "at least mine does"so I learned just to start the truck and leave it on throughout the whole process so the request code on the radio will stay the same. I recommend having a laptop that will work on your WiFi with you and your pickup for the next step. The truck needs to be running throughout the process so make sure you're in a well ventilated area. Now go ahead and insert the USB stick and have your laptop ready. It actually takes quite a while so be patient but after a few minutes the request code will pop up on your radio screen. Do not touch anything just have a pen and paper handy write it down as quickly as possible or type of directly into your computer and push submit. As soon as you click submit it will generate the password you need to enter to download your Maps. After a while the request code screen will come up on the the screen for your activation code at that point you type it in. Just like with the other codes make sure you put the dashes between the number sets when you type in the security code the dashes are in the number section on your screen, plus remember when a 0 comes up its always a Zero not a capital O. If the activation codes is correct it will ask you if you want to continue and you push okay if it's incorrect it will tell you to reenter it. It took at least an hour and a half for the maps to download in my truck I just got out and took care of chores and kept an eye on the truck going back to check periodically without actually opening the door. I rolled the windows down before I started so I could stick my head in there and keep an eye on it. When it got down to about 96 or 97% I got back in the truck and waited for it to finish. Once it finishes you're radio will turn to normal operation do not touch it. After about 5 minutes or so a screen asking you if you want to finish and exit the program will come up. At that point as long as your maps are updated click exit. Turn off the truck take the key out of the ignition open the door and shut it and wait for at least 60 seconds do not touch the brake pedal. Once the truck completely resets and shuts down on power put the key in the ignition start the truck and go through the process one more time and then you should be set. sorry for the long-winded explanation the instructions are a little fuzzy that come with the USB stick so I figured I would just print out the way you do it in case anybody else is curious. I ran into trouble when I typed in my firmware code I put dashes instead of dots and I could not generate a request code that's when I called Uconnect and Here and they told me it was impossible for me to do it because the radio did not come in my truck. after about 15 minutes I realized I had typed in dashes instead of dots went back re-entered everything and I got the security code instantly.1e7fcc83db2377e89449253edbe58f3f.jpg

lak8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I still can't download :(

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good info, just checked .via mobile says expires in 19. I have my ipod and Sirius as well.. so im covered either way.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
Anyone try using the mobile apps , pandora, iheart that still has them after the upgrade? Just tried and they appear to try to log into my accounts, but then show constant network errors, service unavailable.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Last edited: