Uconnect 8.4AN VP4 NA SiriusXM searching for signal forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

Upgraded the radio in my 2016 Ram 1500 to the Uconnect 8.4AN VP4 NA from the Uconnect 8.4A VP3 NA. Everything is working great except the SiriusXM. It never finds the sat signal. GPS NAV works perfectly.

Reset using Engineering Mode. Still have SiriusXM problem. While engine is running I unplugged Sirius / GPS antenna. Screen goes from Acquiring Signal to Sirius Antenna not found , Please See Dealer. Plug it back in and it finds the Sirius Antenna and goes back to Acquiring Signal. In engineering mode there is a Sirius XM tab, select it and it shows that it has found the antenna, it is Acquiring a Signal, Satelite Signal = None

Put the original Uconnect 8.4A VP3 NA back in and by the time it boots, it has already found the sat signal.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you call Sirius and have them transfer your subscription over to the new radio??? Since you changed the radio that might be your problem...

OP
OP
Venomous

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you call Sirius and have them transfer your subscription over to the new radio??? Since you changed the radio that might be your problem...

I called them, until the radio will accept the Satellite signal there is nothing they can do. As it is the radio cannot accept a reset or anything else.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try unhooking the battery for 15 minutes then trying it???

jmant230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine has been doing the same thing today. I think it is a Uconnect XM thing. I am going to give it some time and see if it corrects itself

OP
OP
Venomous

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Radio ended up being bad, Put a new one in and it immediately found the SiriusAXM Signal.

Gregg James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 2013 laramie-longhorn has been "Aquiring signal "since I purchased 32 days ago(worked perfect in my '09Ram).. I tried everything you did with no success...I youtubed radio removal..my dash is too nice to start opening it up..someone posted that I may need to bring vehicle to Dealer to install certain options I currently have if I purchase radio on ebay/amazon. He also said each radio may look the same but different options...all this said does not make me want to move forward..I am hoping it starts working after I fly over one of the speedbumps or post-winter pothole craters!..Still hoping to hear another option but think i've heard it all..lol
**Side note, does Dodge offer free advice ?..tks