Uconnect and Droid phones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
HTF can I get this thing to dial by name? I have a Samsung Stratosphere and it answers calls fine and I can dial by number, but it won't recognize a contact name. I added one to the phone book in the radio itself and it will read it back to me fine if I tell it to list contacts but still won't dial it by name.

I've done the voice training and it understands numbers and commands just fine, it just won't do names. It recognizes "my wife" as "star five" or something like that. (Yes, the contact is under My Wife, I'm not expecting the system to know which contact I'm married to....) I tried other real names of friends, simple stuff like Tom and Brian, and it also recognizes them as numbers and symbols.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not much help here man I have a Bionic and Iphone both work perfectly using voice dial. Had Thunderbolt and BB Bold before that and they worked perfect too. Could it be the Stratosphere I have not had good luck with Samsung as I had Fascinate and it sucked.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
When I briefly had my Droid connected I'm pretty sure it dialed by name