UCONNECT Pandora APP and SLOWNESS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I promise I tried to find this elsewhere.

Anyways, I notice the UCONNECT apps take quite a while to load at startup of vehicle...not sure if this can be helped.

Also noticed that I will have to refresh the UCONNECT app on my phone for the Pandora app to work otherwise it says unable to connect.

When I mean refresh, the app is open on my phone but I have to actually go to the app and it shows the startup connect screen where you click next and then everything is happy.

I have the 8.4 Unconnect with Alpine Upgraded system and Iphone 6 plus.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a brand new 1500 sport with the 8.4AN.

Mine does the exact same thing and it's annoying as hell.
Why the hell do I need to fire up the uconnect app EVERYTIME for Pandora, when my last $299 aftermarket Pioneer launched my phones pandora as soon as I hit the app on my head unit.
It would be tolerable if it wasn't so fooking sluggish.

"Working as intended" would be my guess...... sadly.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't use the built in apps, they are way too slow. I just launch Pandora on my phone and stream through the regular Bluetooth.

I pay yearly for Pandora one so no commercials and I also have a hacked app on my android with unlimited skips...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
At least your guys' Uconnect Via Apps works...lol. Mine hasn't worked on my phone since it was released. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, spent countless hours on the phone with Uconnect customer service...still doesn't work. My phone is Galaxy S4 running Kit Kat and my Uconnect version has the latest firmware installed.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Yep.. Uconnect sucks. I've been messing with it and finally gave up. So much easier just to Bluetooth stream it.

OP
OP
Timeless

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't use the built in apps, they are way too slow. I just launch Pandora on my phone and stream through the regular Bluetooth.

Yep.. Uconnect sucks. I've been messing with it and finally gave up. So much easier just to Bluetooth stream it.

While I agree the built in bluetooth is faster, I like the ability to like/dislike a song without having to use my phone.

Ptag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I promise I tried to find this elsewhere.

Anyways, I notice the UCONNECT apps take quite a while to load at startup of vehicle...not sure if this can be helped.

How long do you Apps takes to start? I was going nuts because I couldn't make any of the Apps work after starting my truck. Then I finally noticed at the top right of the screen it says "Loading..." then after a minute or so changes to "Starting....." then the Apps go bright and you can tap on them and they fire up. I think my PC boots faster than the Apps on this radio.

Anyway, does yours take a couple of minutes before you can use the Apps like mine??

Thanks