Uconnect Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Asking for a friend of mine. He has a 1500 with the 3.0 radio, and had the bluetooth hands-free kit installed. The radio was "updated". The issue is that the volume of phone calls is so low that he has to crank the radio to 20+ to even begin to hear it, and when the call ends the radio will about blow the windows out of the truck. He has turned the call volume up to the max on his phone, but it made little difference. The dealer is at a loss and the uconnect tech line was of no help. It is basically worthless as it is. Does anybody have a solution to this? He is ready to throw it in the waste can.

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
On my android phone there is a bluetooth volume setting. In BT settings..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What yea truck? My bt 3.0 had a cal volume under settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The phone volume isn't separate from the music volume? On every other Chrysler radio I've used there are different volume levels for the voice pro,puts, calls, and music. If you turn up the volume when on a call, it doesn't change the music volume when the call changes. Admittedly I only had that radio for a few weeks and don't remember, but I thought it would be like the others.

OP
OP
T

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
OK, I finally have better information. The truck is a 2015 1500 Tradesman. The kit is 82214231AC and it was dealer installed. They said they updated the radio. He has turned up the bluetooth volume on his i-phone. There does not appear to be a setting on the radio to control the call volume.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I know exactly what you are talking about... A Jeep Compass did the same thing.

And god forbid if you forgot to turn it down after a conversation and the phone rings... like to make you jump out of the car.