Uconnect(R) 8.4A navigation software

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diggerwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI
I recently purchased a new Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 4X4 with the Uconnect. I bought the truck directly through my bank and did not speak with the dealer. Imagine my surprise when I found out "navigation ready" meant it has navigation but only if I have the software installed at the dealer for an additional $600.

Is there a work-around? Another way to install the navigation software without handing over $600?

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sorry your SOL. dealer only....

on a side note you dont get all the functions as the 8.4an with the nav so is it really worth it?

OP
OP
D

diggerwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI
sorry your SOL. dealer only....

on a side note you dont get all the functions as the 8.4an with the nav so is it really worth it?

I don't know. Why would it not be worth it? What is the difference? Why wouldn't I want navigation with the 8.4A?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No way around the $595 but you do not have to go to the dealer. Many dealers will try to mark it up anyways.

As far as features and abilities, they are the same with exception that your RA3 Radio will not do "3-D graphics and detailed views of landmarks, cities and terrains" or SiriusXM Traffic.

It is however still a full featured navigation package and worth the activation. Is it worth $595.....well.....I'd rather pay that than have to have another device to handle that chore and viewing on the big screen is nice.

Visit this site Uconnect® | Systems | 2013 Ram 1500 8.4A/RA3

In the lower right hand corner, select "Activating your RA3 Navigation" and it will download a PDF file telling you exactly what you need to do to get it activated and paid for. I did this last week myself and am enjoying having the capability.

OP
OP
D

diggerwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI
Excellent response. That makes sense and is very helpful. Thanks.