uconnect remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
How long does it take your Uconnect remote start to process? My doors, unlock and lock with no problems, but remote start isnt working, I get a text message received request, but the truck doesnt start.

My truck is equipped, with the remote start from the factory. and the 8.4AN screen

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
got it working today with tech support,

From when I access it from my phone it takes from 1-3 minutes to for the truck to react to the command. Must be dependent on the trucks signal strength .

jack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Unconnect remote start problems

I have a 2013 Laramie Longhorn. Love the truck, but since the beginning, about a month ago, I have had the same problem with the App. I have an Iphone 5 and it only intermittently can get the truck to start. I have not been able to start it at all, whether in or out of the garage, and even in the airport parking lot. I have spent hours on the phone with the owners site people who are very nice, but don't seem to be able to figure it out. What was the solution to the problem for the sport model mentioned here?

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I just started to have this problem. I hit the key fob to remote start. There seems to be a .5 second delay in the signal hitting the truck (this doesn't happen with the lock/unlock), then the truck will start. Within a few seconds the truck turns itself off. When I get in the truck I see that I get a message in the EVIC that reads "Remote Start Disabled Statr Vehicle To Reset". If I reset it, it does the same thing again. I thought it was a weak key fob battery so I changed it and it still does the same thing. It hasn't always done this. It used to work just fine.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Occasionally it wont be able to send the request to the truck, but 90% of the time it will. It does seem to take a few minutes though when it goes through, but it also has to send a few signals around so can't be too picky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I seriously have to ask you guys as to why in the middle of summer you are concerned about remote starting. Unless a vehicle is parked in the driveway or at curb side starting it in a garage would be risky business from carbon monoxide accumulation getting into your house. In the summer time if the vehicle is sitting in the sun for any amount of time the inside temp will run 130-150 degrees and at idle speed the A/C is not going to drop that temperature enough to matter in a few minutes. Accepted that if your truck is parked outside in the winter in a Northern climate being able to warm it up a few minutes or begin defrosting is not a bad thing, but otherwise I cannot see how a remote start is of any value exempt maybe to car thieves who have managed to learn how to hack into the Uconnect system using a cell phone or laptop.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
With black leather seats, having the ventilated seats run for 5 min before I sit on them is nice and also good to let the engine circulate the oil around instead of just getting in and going. I start it while I'm changing in the locker room before leaving work. This way I get in and go. Seats are nice and cold, as is the passenger compartment, & the engine is warmed up enough to just put it in drive and go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
My driveway is 2800 square feet paved, and my truck isn't parked against my house. Carbon monoxide isn't getting into my house. If you've ever visited Florida you'd know that when you open the door of a vehicle in the dead of summer the heat doesn't just come out, it slaps you in the face. It's kind of like opening a steaming pot of pasta and taking that first breath of steam that shoots out.

Besides all the comfort and conveniences, if I pay for something it should work. Don't you agree?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I get a "refresh token" error or "unable to connect to network, please try again later"

It's NEVER worked... I have NO patience for tech that doesn't work. Tech is supposed to make your life easier and Chrysler has done a great job of making it frustrating and useless IMO. The app has been deleted from my phone. I'm over it. Car companies need to work with actual software developers like Apple or Google that have a good record for easy to use products.

I shouldn't have to call tech support to get their products to work.

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My driveway is 2800 square feet paved, and my truck isn't parked against my house. Carbon monoxide isn't getting into my house. If you've ever visited Florida you'd know that when you open the door of a vehicle in the dead of summer the heat doesn't just come out, it slaps you in the face. It's kind of like opening a steaming pot of pasta and taking that first breath of steam that shoots out.

Besides all the comfort and conveniences, if I pay for something it should work. Don't you agree?

A bit over sensitive aren't we! I was stationed in Florida for a time when in the Marine Corps and though it can be disgustingly hot and humid at times in various parts of the state, it doesn't even get close to being as hot as much if not most of Texas in July and August or places like Yuma, Az during the same months.

As for "should work" yup! But the fact is the more convenience and entertainment crap that is on any vehicle the more likely it is to have a problem with something much of the time. Harman Autoelectronics that produces much of the electronics in your RAM seems dead set on perfecting lack of reliability. Sadly virtually every automaker in the world, aside from Ford, is on that same bandwagon though the systems have a different "Buzz name."

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get a "refresh token" error or "unable to connect to network, please try again later"

It's NEVER worked... I have NO patience for tech that doesn't work. Tech is supposed to make your life easier and Chrysler has done a great job of making it frustrating and useless IMO. The app has been deleted from my phone. I'm over it. Car companies need to work with actual software developers like Apple or Google that have a good record for easy to use products.

I shouldn't have to call tech support to get their products to work.

I doubt if your suggestion of possibly different OS developers would help a whole lot. Being a lifelong car nut and also having been in Aerospace and Computer Electronics engineering and software development it is safe to say there are major communications issues between automotive engineers and geeks which leads to the types of issues vehicle owners and dealers are running into daily. When people barely speak the same language the results can be interesting and greatly disappointing at times.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
A bit over sensitive aren't we! I was stationed in Florida for a time when in the Marine Corps and though it can be disgustingly hot and humid at times in various parts of the state, it doesn't even get close to being as hot as much if not most of Texas in July and August or places like Yuma, Az during the same months.

As for "should work" yup! But the fact is the more convenience and entertainment crap that is on any vehicle the more likely it is to have a problem with something much of the time. Harman Autoelectronics that produces much of the electronics in your RAM seems dead set on perfecting lack of reliability. Sadly virtually every automaker in the world, aside from Ford, is on that same bandwagon though the systems have a different "Buzz name."

Over sensitive? Not at all. Merely stating facts. If I were over sensitive I would have added some emotional bit of " how dare you question me!" or something of the sort. lol. I think we are all part of this forum to help and be helped with regards to our Ram brand products. Sure, some of us hang around for some camaraderie. Just look at the amount of posts I have as proof.

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just started to have this problem. I hit the key fob to remote start. There seems to be a .5 second delay in the signal hitting the truck (this doesn't happen with the lock/unlock), then the truck will start. Within a few seconds the truck turns itself off. When I get in the truck I see that I get a message in the EVIC that reads "Remote Start Disabled Statr Vehicle To Reset". If I reset it, it does the same thing again. I thought it was a weak key fob battery so I changed it and it still does the same thing. It hasn't always done this. It used to work just fine.
did you ever find out what it was?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956