Uconnect Text message feature.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how to disable the text message alert feature. It's freaking annoying! I hate driving down the road jamming out to a good song and then "you have a text message....." I want to punch my radio in the screen lol. Help i'm going inane and don't say shut off bluetooth I love the call feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
Pretty sure you have to disable that notification on the phone as that is what triggers it in the vehicle.

OP
OP
tsunamilogan05

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've searched my phone and called Chrysler and there is no way to disable it for some reason. It's driving me nuts lol.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
If you have an Android phone, go to your texting program, click on Settings, go to Notifications and turn them off.

OP
OP
tsunamilogan05

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But wouldn't that disable my notifications in general?

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
But wouldn't that disable my notifications in general?

Yes, that's the only way to do it. Like I said before, it is the phone that triggers the vehicle to announce the notification. The truck does not do it on its own.

OP
OP
tsunamilogan05

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I disabled mine by repairing and when it asked me on my phone to access messages I told it no. Worked like a charm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You mean repairing it with the phone and radio

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah. Unpair the phone from the radio. When you pair it again the phone should ask you 2 questions after it connects 1. To access your contacts and recent calls. 2. To access your messages. Deny the second one.

OP
OP
tsunamilogan05

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i disabled mine by repairing and when it asked me on my phone to access messages i told it no. Worked like a charm

sent from my samsung-sgh-i337 using tapatalk

you are freaking amazing!!! It worked!!! Thank you soooooo much!!!!

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No problem. Glad I could help. Wish I saw your thread sooner lol

OP
OP
tsunamilogan05

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was cursing anyone and everyone who kept texting me lol. My wife kept laughing. When I first got the truck a few weeks ago I thought it was the coolest feature ever, now not so much. I don't mind the incoming call because I'm always taking calls for work, but man the text notifications was killing me.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah same here I thought it was so cool then I started getting a bunch of text one day and I was ready to scream. Whats dumb is it has all your contacts you think it would say the person's name instead of reciting the whole number. It takes 30 second for a text that says "k" to be read out. Just dumb in my opinion

OP
OP
tsunamilogan05

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine says the whole name lol. But still annoying lol

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
Yeah. Unpair the phone from the radio. When you pair it again the phone should ask you 2 questions after it connects 1. To access your contacts and recent calls. 2. To access your messages. Deny the second one.

That's different from my system on the 2012. The only way to stop them is to turn off notifications on the phone. Glad it got figured out.

MaggieMay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hi, I'm late to the party, but I'm having the same issue. If I unpair the phone through my truck, it doesn't ask me any questions, it just automatically accesses my phone book, messaging, recent calls, etc. How do I do a factory reset on the whole system to get it to ask me if I want it to access phone book and message.

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
i was annoyed, in that i have a plain old Tracphone (dumb-phone, o guess u call it). While the blue tooth part of it works, the Talk/text uconnect thing doesn't. Is there anyway to use that feature with a non-smart phone?

MaggieMay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was annoyed, in that i have a plain old Tracphone (dumb-phone, o guess u call it). While the blue tooth part of it works, the Talk/text uconnect thing doesn't. Is there anyway to use that feature with a non-smart phone?

From what I've heard. NO. Evidently, only SOME smart phones are capable of this function. Just because you have a smart phone doesn't mean that smart phone is capable of the messaging function.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
From what I've heard. NO. Evidently, only SOME smart phones are capable of this function. Just because you have a smart phone doesn't mean that smart phone is capable of the messaging function.

Truth
And some phones are only capable of accessing on some carriers. The same model phone might not work on a different service provider.

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Thank you