UConnect update for 5/21/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All - Just thought I'd post a note that there is an update for the 2013 8.4AN radio as of 5/21/13. The ISO file it downloads is dated 4/8/13.

It still doesn't have the mobile apps, but I did notice that when I receive a text, it now tells me who it is from, and disables the reply button as I have an iPhone and iPhone's aren't (yet) compatible with the reply feature.

Haven't noticed anything else different yet.

Here's the link if you need it: uConnect Update Check

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
ooh, downloading it now...the site is super slow tho for whatever reason.

thanx

OP
OP
J

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just another quick comment... right after I did the update, I lost my "apps" button in the lower right corner. It came back overnight though, so it must get downloaded from uConnect afterwards.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sweet man thanks, I'm gonna get on it as soon as I get to my computer. Really appreciate you posting the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jdichiara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the heads up, trying to download it now and the site is dog slow.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
how big is the iso file? I managed to get a whopping 1mb downloaded and it stopped...bleh

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How to you apply the file after downloading?

Jomiha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which version is it?? I downloaded version 13.06.2 and now im reading its a false update. On my app screen it never gets past loading.

Ive heard people are having alot of trouble with it...just wondering if this is a new update or the same one I got stuck with.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
the file name it's trying to download is: RA4_13_15_4-T3-8.exe

OP
OP
J

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The version I got was 13.15.4. I downloaded on a mac where it just gives me the swdl.iso file, about 570MB.

To apply the patch, put that file (and only that file) on a USB drive and just pop it into the main USB port. After a minute or so, it starts the update.

That should be it - at least it was for me.

Jomiha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This one fixed the problems I was having after 13.06.2. The only drawback is for some reason my sterile is much quieter now..........I can turn the volume up all the way to 38 now......and before is was louder in the mid 20s

No idea

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
check the EQ settings, it reset mine after the update.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just wanted to say thanks again to you guys for posting up all the links and install advice, I've been struggling with this damn update on my own but all the info here helped me figure it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Alright turns out I need a little more help on this one haha. I downloaded the update to my Mac, and I read the entire PDF containing the install directions for the update. The problem is that I can find the file called "swdl.iso" that the directions say need to be put onto the USB drive. When I open the update file, it contains like 6 or 7 different folders and none of them contain "swdl.iso". Does anywhere know where the little ******* is hiding?

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright turns out I need a little more help on this one haha. I downloaded the update to my Mac, and I read the entire PDF containing the install directions for the update. The problem is that I can find the file called "swdl.iso" that the directions say need to be put onto the USB drive. When I open the update file, it contains like 6 or 7 different folders and none of them contain "swdl.iso". Does anywhere know where the little ******* is hiding?

When I unzipped the file on my mac it put the iso file onto my desktop. No folder or anything. The zipped file was about 470.4mb, and unzipped iso was 570.3mb. I also used chrysler's site for the d/l and not those links I posted. There was a choice for max os or windows os on chrysler's site. Maybe you need to d/l the mac os file ?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When I unzipped the file on my mac it put the iso file onto my desktop. No folder or anything. The zipped file was about 470.4mb, and unzipped iso was 570.3mb. I also used chrysler's site for the d/l and not those links I posted. There was a choice for max os or windows os on chrysler's site. Maybe you need to d/l the mac os file ?

Hmm okay. I also used the chrysler website because I had seen that before I saw the links you posted. How do you "unzip" a file? I just downloaded it and opened it, nothing after that. I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to computers.

Jomiha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
check the EQ settings, it reset mine after the update.

It reset mine as well...... but even after redoing my eq its still much quieter.

Nobody else have that issue??

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm okay. I also used the chrysler website because I had seen that before I saw the links you posted. How do you "unzip" a file? I just downloaded it and opened it, nothing after that. I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to computers.

I just click on the zip file and Archive Utility unzips the file the iso. Does it all by itself.

If you right click on the zip file and click "Get Info" and look for the (Open With) dropdown, make sure "Archive Utility" is selected. This way it will self unzip.