uconnect voice recognition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is there anything that you can do to get the 8.4 uconnect to understand your words better? Mine must think I speak French it doesn't understand hardly anything I say.

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should try it with a British accent... I have absolutely no chance of getting any recognition unless I put on the worst American accent known to man - seriously I sound like a combination of John Wayne and Homer Simpson.

OP
OP
RodRam

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
but im American! and don't think I have a bad southern accent I just think she hates me

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
she hates everyone!

you have to get the words just right or it doesnt work for anybody

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
You should try it with a British accent... I have absolutely no chance of getting any recognition unless I put on the worst American accent known to man - seriously I sound like a combination of John Wayne and Homer Simpson.

Omg!! I Lmao to this!! :roflsquared:

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rod, have you upgraded to the latest Uconnect update? They say its suppose to help with voice recognition. I dont have trouble with mine but i have to speak with perfection and clarity or i have to repeat.

OP
OP
RodRam

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did the security update last month, it had several other updates so I think I have the latest but it just sucks, I asked to call home and it said calling chris and dialed my buddy. totally worthless, now chris has a gmc and his works perfect, ram should dump this uconnect crap and get something that works.

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is pretty ****** but my buddy has an FX4 and he says his is even worse so......they should use whatever Google uses on there app. It registers correctly every time i use it!

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I find mine works great. One thing that will cause a lot of problems is if your hvac blower is on even on the lowest setting, try turning it off first.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mine works perfectly, I have yet to redo a text message I dictated to her...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk