Unlock Code ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aikido187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How would someone go about retrieving the unlock code on the factory radio? I have a RA2 that originally came with my truck and I was wanting to put it up for sale. I would like to be able to give whoever buys it the unlock code if possible.

jimmerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why would they need it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ra2 and higher have antitheft codes built in so when it's removed from the vehicle you have to have the unlock code to allow it to work. When I swapped my radio I had to have the unlock code so I could allow the radio to work in my truck. Anti theft code can be found at the dealer with the vin from the vehicle the radio came from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The RA2 generally does not require a code. I didn't need one when I installed mine, and the guy I sold it to didn't either. I've heard the same from others.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The RA2 generally does not require a code. I didn't need one when I installed mine, and the guy I sold it to didn't either. I've heard the same from others.

My ra2 swap required a code. Some do some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk