Upgrade Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamCassidy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been doing research on upgrading the basic Uconnect radio in my 2009 ram. I would like to upgrade to the touchscreen factory radio with the backup camera and the Uconnect system(currently don't have the microphone). Has anybody done this before? I can't seem to find any threads on this. A couple questions I have, will I have to have the dealer flash my build code? and will my sat antenna still work from the old radio?.. any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know when searching for one I am looking for one with navigation and backup camera already enabled in the radio.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I had my first '09, it had the basic system as well. From what I recall (not positive mind you) at the time, if you didn't have the wheel controls, it wasn't big deal to swap out, and didn't need the dealer to flash. Most people opted to go aftermarket instead of OEM upgrade.

OP
OP
S

SamCassidy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I had my first '09, it had the basic system as well. From what I recall (not positive mind you) at the time, if you didn't have the wheel controls, it wasn't big deal to swap out, and didn't need the dealer to flash. Most people opted to go aftermarket instead of OEM upgrade.

I thought about going aftermarket but I decided I liked the look of the OEM better. Also, i didn't want to hack apart my dash, had to do that in my keep and it the look always bothered me. The dealer was my biggest concern.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't recall having to hack up the dash for atermarket, but it's been a while since I looked. In any case, the OEM RER/730N shouldn't be too hard to find.