Upgrade puck SDARS antenna to CELL/SDARS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcvrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own 2014 RAM 1500 that is equipped with satellite/GPS antenna that is located at the drivers side in the rear. I would like to upgrade it to Cell/ SDARS antenna and install the rearview mirror with ASSIST/911 buttons. Does anyone know if that's doable and what would I need? Do you have to relocate the CELL/SDARS antenna to the front or can you use the same hole in the roof in the back of the car?

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own 2014 RAM 1500 that is equipped with satellite/GPS antenna that is located at the drivers side in the rear. I would like to upgrade it to Cell/ SDARS antenna and install the rearview mirror with ASSIST/911 buttons. Does anyone know if that's doable and what would I need? Do you have to relocate the CELL/SDARS antenna to the front or can you use the same hole in the roof in the back of the car?

It is doable and here are the part numbers:

911/Assist Mirror: - 68096091AF
Antenna Cable Body Cell & SDARS "QUAD/CREW": - 68148279AD
Antenna Jumper Cable: - 68148258AD
Shark Fin Antenna: - 5091278AC

However, The "Assist" button will do nothing for you being your truck didn't come with it and for the 911 button to work, you need to upgrade to the 8.4A/N radio.
Enjoy! So the only gain you get is auto dim and 911 if you have the 8.4 Radio. For the cost.. its not worth it IMO.. but its your money so its up to you.

Last edited:

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done the mirror swap but the buttons won't work because I don't have a uconnect subscription.
I wanted the mirror before my 8.4 swap because I wanted the autodim feature but it's not available in my 14 express

OP
OP
T

tcvrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the advice. I did upgrade my radio to 8.4AVN. I wanted to change to antenna to be able to register for Uconnect, mostly for the remote services like remote start etc. But now after your responses I'm not sure if I will be able to register for U connect or what will be the functionality of it since my car originally came with 5.0 radio and no Assist/911 button.