Upgrading the head unit and keeping OEM backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Is it possible? I've seen conflicting information on this. The iDatalink doesn't have any tools for keeping the backup camera, but I see there are some other adapters and specific head units support them. Unfortunately, the few threads I've found where people have installed them suggest they had several issues.

I'm done with uConnect. I've tried to like it, I really have. But it's constantly giving me issues accessing my music on USB drives, as well as the issues I've had with it dropping bluetooth connections and not letting me reconnect.

I'm thinking it's time for a Kenwood Excelon. But I don't want to lose my backup camera or steering wheel controls. Any help is appreciated.

Also, my current setup:

2x12" Image Dynamics IDQv4 subs.
Hertz Mille MLK 165.3 components
JBL MS-8
some amps

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Metra has a harness. Plug in your info on Crutchfield and add a receiver to your cart and they will suggest something with a 6523 nav or something like that. That worked fine for me. You will loose oem usb and bt mic. Aswc module works fine for sw controls.

Car Navi Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram
Engine
Hemi 6.1

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Crux also makes good interface modules for what you want to do.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I jumped and ordered a Kenwood DMX7704S with the adapters Crutchfield suggested. Pretty pumped.