Upgrading to UCONNECT® 8.4 NAV/RA4, Jailbreaking, Media Player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Venomous

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good stuff. Disappointed in the use of t-taps though. If you have power problems in the future, this is more than likely your problem.

Been using them for 20 years or more. Have never had one fail yet.
Of course now that I said that........

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been using them for 20 years or more. Have never had one fail yet.
Of course now that I said that........

:roflsquared: Glad you haven't had any issues. If you need to tap into any data lines for this project, then you should definitely not use them, but if they working for 12v for you then keep on going.

Are you going to look for a way to add Android Auto or CarPlay into the unit? That is what I want to see!

OP
OP
Venomous

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:roflsquared: Glad you haven't had any issues. If you need to tap into any data lines for this project, then you should definitely not use them, but if they working for 12v for you then keep on going.

Are you going to look for a way to add Android Auto or CarPlay into the unit? That is what I want to see!

I was in the Car Audio industry for over 20 years. I personally have never had a T-Tap fail. That being said. I have seen lots done by other installers fail. Over 90% were guys using Blue taps on 18 AWG wire and smaller. Others were the wire was not in the correct spot when they squeezed it closed. If you are very careful when using the correct size T-Taps, they seem to work ok for me. That being said, Since it is almost impossible to find Red ones sold locally almost all people use the readily available Blue ones.
I agree with you on your method of Tapping. It is the best method.
One more note, I would never ever use them on anything that could affect the driving ability of the vehicle or use them outside the interior cabin exposed to any weather.

I also came across some other connectors that were pretty cool for tapping. Take a look at this video and tell me what you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N64p6ndlTQ8

Definitely want to add Android Auto or CarPlay. Been doing some reading and researching.... Getting that done will be a score... :)

OP
OP
Venomous

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
VIN tied to Radio FIXED!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!! VIN and Radio tied together FIXED!!!!!

Took me a week and 4 calls but I was able to get Uconnect / Mopar to tie my new radio with my trucks VIN number. Now my Uconnect and Mopar accounts show My truck and VIN with the correct Radio.
Here is how to do it.

This is the correct Uconnect Technical Support number to call 1-855-600-1669
Be in the truck with it running when you call.

Explain to them that you purchased the upgraded radio for that Ram Truck. Tell them you want to be able to use Uconnect services and be able to purchase a wifi hot spot when traveling. Tell them they need to associate your truck VIN with the new radio.

They will start taking information from you. Name, Phone , email , etc...
Then they will ask you to read them the VIN number from the door jam.
Next they will have you go into dealer mode of the radio (while holding the left side hot and cold buttons also depress the defroster button, 6 seconds and the dealer mode will come up) Then press the defroster again to shut it off and raise or lower the temperature back to normal.
They will take you through the menus and ask for a few numbers.
They will give you a repair ticket number and tell you someone will call you back.

Not to long after that you should get a confirmation email stating the repair ticket number and letting you know it could take up to 3 business days to get back to you.
If you get a call back within 3 days ...Lucky You... I waited 4 and called them back .

When I got them on the phone and told them no one ever called back they told me they would escalate it. Within an hour I got a phone call saying all the correct information has been put into the system and your truck is now linked with the new radio.
They told me to wait an hour and it should show up on the Uconnect / Mopar web site.
By the time they hung up I already had confirmation emails from the Uconnect Mopar site. The first email stated that my Uconnect account had been deleted.
The second email stated My new radio was ready for Uconnect Registration.
It instructed me to get in the truck , start it and press the assist button on the mirror.
They answered and I said I would like to register my Uconnect Radio. I then went through the normal registration procedure. It took about 15 minutes.

By the time I went back in the house, I already had another confirmation email that I was now Registered with Uconnect. I clicked on the link and it had me log in with the info I had provided. Low and behold there was the correct truck activated on the new radio.. Problem solved.

Bring a paper and pen in the truck with you, they will ask you to make pins, passwords etc... write them down.

Hope this helps others.

Seems like the hardest thing was finding the correct number to call where people knew what they were doing.. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn