Upper glove box ipod issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never used the usb int he upper glove box until recently. Plugged in my ipod and shut the door. i leave it hooked up all the time. I haven't spent much time using it until today. For some reason when i'm listening to the ipod it will switch itself back to FM. The first time it did it I thought I had bumped the steering wheel button but then it kept doing it. I can't get through one full song with out it switching it self back to FM. I just istalled a lock pick the other day but I don't think that would have anything to do with it. Like I said I havent really used it up until this point so i'm not sure if it was acting up before the lock pick. I;m going to hook it up the the usb on the front of the stereo and see it i have the same issues. Anyone run into this?

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Dude no *********, Mine has been doing this for the last month or so... I installed the lockpick and as soon as I did it started doing this.. I cannot figure out why.

I called lockpick and talked to their tech and he told me that the issue was I had bent the pins on the harness but I took it all apart and there were no pins bent..
I am still at a loss but was actually thinking about removing the lockpick because of this issue.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it do it when its plugged into the usb on the front of the stereo?

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
if you try and plug it into your front usb it won't allow you to play any songs.. It tries reading it as if you were plugging the ipod into your computer.. It won't let you play any songs. I had to go buy a AUX cord and thats the only way it will work.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats crazy. I feel like the lock pick, with they way they make it so easy to use and plug n play, that they would have that figured out. Suxs

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sounds like it might be the lockpick....maybe try disconnecting it to see if it solves the problem

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I was going too...... Just really don't want to take it all apart again lol... Pure lazyness

RenegadeRRjR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont have a lock pick, and my issue is not quite the same, but when I plug my Ipod in everything will work fine. Then all of a sudden it will go to pure static and does it on every song. They are songs that I know work via AUX cord. IDK why but it ****** me off pretty bad. One of my biggest pet peves is when technology takes a dump.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's like the other thread about the ****** Bluetooth streaming. Why can't stuff just work? $40k+ trucks and the options offered don't work.

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this same issue after lock pick ipod switches to fm on its own when ever it wants, I emailed and talked to a tech, they said take it apart and redo blah blah blah, still had the problem and just ended up loading all my music onto the hard drive. sounds like they have a problem, good to know im not the only one

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah after countless time on the phone with tech I gave up. I went and bought a flash drive and loaded 800 songs on it, plugged it into the USB port on the front of the radio and it works perfect that way. Let's you use the steering controls and still displays the songs and what not.

I have a feeling that this issue is a problem with the 2011,2012? Several people have them with no issues. Seems the 12's have the problem

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963