USB Port Hidden on 2010-2013 Res 130s with UCONNECT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whonz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
Did not find it on my 2010 slt

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I did get it out and by USB port. Now what are my options? I have heard that you can connect a USB port to the back of the 130. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm also interested in knowing if this is an option.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First Post here! This one got me fired up to sign up and post. To all of those that can't find the USB plug, If at first you don't succeed, dig more to the left. I found the small three female prong plug and gave up for a day. Went back on my lunch break and felt around more. That small plug is not it. The USB is not a plug in adapter, it is straight wired. I found mine hiding behind the harness and past the flat steel brace that is welded to the tube steel.

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
First Post here! This one got me fired up to sign up and post. To all of those that can't find the USB plug, If at first you don't succeed, dig more to the left. I found the small three female prong plug and gave up for a day. Went back on my lunch break and felt around more. That small plug is not it. The USB is not a plug in adapter, it is straight wired. I found mine hiding behind the harness and past the flat steel brace that is welded to the tube steel.

Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Found on my 2012 ram st base with res radio. Taped in.behind the wiring harness on the left side

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

hemi pete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi guys. To check if your car has that usb port remove glove box and look to the right.At the wall there will be uconnect control unit with one big 15-20 pin connector and if you have usb cable there will by right by that 15-20 pin conn. another small black wire with small connector connected to uconnect control module. If you have both cables follow D Schroeder instructions.Get good flash light and look between those 2 metal bars/brackets.You will find that usb connector,you may have to fish for it with something like i did.
One of the picture is showing that cable at the uconnect side and the other is showing other side of that usb cable/you can see my usb extension cable connected to it/. Good luck.

Attachments

• uconnect control unit.jpg
    uconnect control unit.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • connector1.jpg
    connector1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 909

HDHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 HD 2500 with 5.0 Uconnect has a Media hub in the center console, supports usb for itouch or iphone, sd card slot and extra 12v port.

Gsquared

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found the USB plug on my 2012 express crew cab. Had to fish a little but found it in ten minutes. Now what can I do with it? Have not tried using it, was on my lunch break. I do have uconnect.

12lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Have a '12 Express QCRB with aftermarket Jensen deck (can't get Jensen's USB plug to register to Android phone). My truck originally just had the factory deck with AM/FM, CD, XM, and Aux plugin. Never had the uConnect. Would my truck still have this USB connection? and if it did, would it send input signals to the aftermarket deck??? New deck is a Jensen VM9424.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a '12 Express QCRB with aftermarket Jensen deck (can't get Jensen's USB plug to register to Android phone). My truck originally just had the factory deck with AM/FM, CD, XM, and Aux plugin. Never had the uConnect. Would my truck still have this USB connection? and if it did, would it send input signals to the aftermarket deck??? New deck is a Jensen VM9424.

My understanding is no. Even if the cable is there it would not work with your aftermarket head unit. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the USB cable doesn't even connect directly to the factory radio. It connects to the Uconnect module and then that module connects to the factory radio. There the exception of a couple of the high end factory NAV units that have the Uconnect built in instead of a separate module.

Ray

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Like everyone is saying, you gotta fish for it! I tried searching several times with no luck. I found it easiest to remove the head unit and stick one hand through that hole and the other through the glove box hole. Mine was behind the two metal brackets that have been talked about above and was extremely hard to reach with my big hands.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 2009 did not have this cable. Pulling the lower glove box revealed the uconnect box on the right side wall and it did not have the USB cable attached to it as specified in the diagrams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

craa349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Okay i just read this whole thing. No one answered the question about the plug in the upper box not reading the info to the radio. Any news on that yet i have the plug but it doesnt recognize the info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay i just read this whole thing. No one answered the question about the plug in the upper box not reading the info to the radio. Any news on that yet i have the plug but it doesnt recognize the info

Which radio do you have? Do you have the uconnect module installed with working bluetooth, etc?

Even if you have the USB cable, it won't do anything without the uconnect module. On mine, the other end of the USB cable is plugged into the second port of the uconnect module on the sidewall behind the lower clove box.

Ray

craa349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah i have the uconnect radio with touchscreen and bluetooth capability but the usb port in the glovebox when connected just charges my phone so i know its hooked up

dpala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Hi guys, I actually have a 2012 jeep compass with the australian REL headunit. I came across a delphi brand USB plug right underneath my headunit, hard wired, and leading into a loom earlier today while I was pulling the dash apart to get my head around custom installing a USB port. My headunit has the uconnect buttons, but as it was a dealer used model it never actually came with uconnect module installed, I paid extra to have the module and mic put in.

The module was also right under my headunit, behind the AC controls.
As I can see the uconnect module, I can confirm there is nothing plugged into the USB clip, and as mentioned, the delphi usb is hard wired and disappears into the loom.

My question is, wtf is this USB plug for?

Ive tried to charge a phone from it, nothing. Ive turned the headunit on to see if anything registers, nothing does. Ive also taken a volt meter to see if its holding a current, its not.

Its making me wonder that maybe at the end of this USB is the clip which should be plugged into the uconnect module, yet god knows how much of the loom id need to cut away.

Would anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys, I actually have a 2012 jeep compass with the australian REL headunit. I came across a delphi brand USB plug right underneath my headunit, hard wired, and leading into a loom earlier today while I was pulling the dash apart to get my head around custom installing a USB port. My headunit has the uconnect buttons, but as it was a dealer used model it never actually came with uconnect module installed, I paid extra to have the module and mic put in.

The module was also right under my headunit, behind the AC controls.
As I can see the uconnect module, I can confirm there is nothing plugged into the USB clip, and as mentioned, the delphi usb is hard wired and disappears into the loom.

My question is, wtf is this USB plug for?

Ive tried to charge a phone from it, nothing. Ive turned the headunit on to see if anything registers, nothing does. Ive also taken a volt meter to see if its holding a current, its not.

Its making me wonder that maybe at the end of this USB is the clip which should be plugged into the uconnect module, yet god knows how much of the loom id need to cut away.

Would anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance

All I can tell you is that when I installed my uconnect module, I also bought the USB cable. The USB cable plugged into a port on the uconnect module. The connector had a funny housing on it, but it's actually a mini USB connector in a plastic shell.

I use that USB port more than anything else on the radio. I have a thumb drive with a music library on it and I can voice control songs, artists, etc. I love the voice control!

Ray