What did they change on Alpine sysytem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took Delivery on the new truck yesterday. One of the biggest things I'm blown away by is the Alpine sound system. I had the same system in the 12 that I just traded and was always unhappy with the sound. So much so that I replaced the dash speakers with Polk and got a Kicker SRAMCQ09 soundgate sub. It sounded pretty good after those additions.

The alpine system in the new truck sounds pretty kick ass. I can't believe it's the same system.....they had to have changed something about it. I was prepared to be underwhelmed and put the Polks and kicker sub in. I don't think I'm going to even mess with it now. Anybody else notice this?

Last edited:

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like mine as well, I have read others here aren't happy with it, but it sounds good enough for me. Loud, clear and crisp. I can hear it, thats what counts.:favorites13:

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Definitely one of the nicest factory systems I have ever had. I love mine as well. ....

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Awesome! Thats good to hear. The new ones are Harman Kardon. I didnt care for my alpine system with the 9 speakers and subwoofer either on my 14 big horn. I just wanted it cause it was something to have for the time being and it had the cutouts for all speakers from the factory. I was hoping to get some better sound from the harman

I took Delivery on the new truck yesterday. One of the biggest things I'm blown away by is the Alpine sound system. I had the same system in the 12 that I just traded and was always unhappy with the sound. So much so that I replaced the dash speakers with Polk and got a Kicker SRAMCQ09 soundgate sub. It sounded pretty good after those additions.

The alpine system in the new truck sounds pretty kick ass. I can't believe it's the same system.....they had to have changed something about it. I was prepared to be underwhelmed and put the Polks and kicker sub in. I don't think I'm going to even mess with it now. Anybody else notice this?

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Then I guess the upgraded speakers still suck! No seriously, they are not bad. It depends on the source. Xm is a lot worse quality then hd radio (not as loud either). I am sort of an audiophile too so i like my music loud and good quality

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Then I guess the upgraded speakers still suck! No seriously, they are not bad. It depends on the source. Xm is a lot worse quality then hd radio (not as loud either). I am sort of an audiophile too so i like my music loud and good quality

LOL. I did notice they list Harman/Kardon as the audio group now when building a 2015 Ram. Maybe they partnered up, like they did with the Chrysler 300, and became more involved with the audio components on the Ram?

I agree, XM radio is horrible compared to a CD or a high bit rate mp3 on my usb stick.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My Sport rcsb has the Alpine and with the small area involved I find the sound more than adequate.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
As far as I know it's still alpine in the trucks, still has the little alpine emblems.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i think alot of people are comparing it to aftermarket when they see the alpine name. by no means it is the same as an aftermarket alpine setup.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heard a 2015 this weekend and I got to say it wasn't bad. The highs did sound a little harsh to me and lows were a bit muddy but not bad when turned up but to majority of people out there will probably love it.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Heard a 2015 this weekend and I got to say it wasn't bad. The highs did sound a little harsh to me and lows were a bit muddy but not bad when turned up but to majority of people out there will probably love it.

I guess it would come down to the cost of the factory system vs. the cost of the aftermarket gear vs. whether or not someone wanted to mess with installing the aftermarket gear. :roflsquared: