What makes the Alpine system an Alpine??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like the title says, other than the sticker on the center speaker, what makes the Alpine system an Alpine system?....the speakers?...the amp?...what?

I was looking at the subwoofer the other day, and I don't see "Alpine" anywhere on it.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
not sure but made in the mountains, what country I am not sure. Good luck with your question, obviously I have helped like none.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ like he said.

most factory radios are actually made and private labeled by a bigger name company why re-invent the wheel.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
The check that Chrysler receives says ALPINE on it.
The "Alpine" speakers in the system are the cheapest piles of a** you'd ever seen.
Def not in the Alpine catalog and they will not say "type R" or "type S" when you yank them out

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, this is what I figured. I see the old Chrysler logo on the back of them. Nowhere does it say "Alpine". I was just thinking the amp was the only thing actually Alpine. I have my doubts the speakers are Alpine, but have no real way of knowing.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no doubts they are Alpine speakers. They have no need to stamp them, as 99% of consumers will not remove them.

The speakers are actually pretty good quality for factory. Most factory speakers are at least ten times worse than these.

IMO Type-E and even some Type-S speakers would not be an upgrade over these.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Most likely the Ram bought the rights to use the name for the upgrade, speakers and such are still the cheap crap everywhere else.

You should see the "Beats Audio" upgrade in the Jeep Renegades.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no doubts they are Alpine speakers. They have no need to stamp them, as 99% of consumers will not remove them.

The speakers are actually pretty good quality for factory. Most factory speakers are at least ten times worse than these.

IMO Type-E and even some Type-S speakers would not be an upgrade over these.

I said "I have doubts"....never said you did!...lol

Based on the pics I saw, the "Alpine" front dash speakers look exactly the same as the ones I removed from my 2014 Sport when I had it....which did not have the Alpine system. And this brings me back to my thought that the real "Alpine" piece is the signal coming into the speakers....the amp.

I just ordered the Infinity Reference X REF-3002cfx speakers for the 3 front dash. I'll see for sure if the oem speakers are the same ****** ones as in my 2014 Sport non-Alpine system.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have both - run a test on them. First step would be to check the OHMs, then whatever else you have the means to. I know for a fact the door speakers are completely different.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have both - run a test on them. First step would be to check the OHMs, then whatever else you have the means to. I know for a fact the door speakers are completely different.

Ahhhh.....you just reached my level of "careness" and a little beyond. I don't care quite enough. I was just casually curious what others already knew….not interested enough to start doing bench testing.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They may look the same because they were spec'd to fit the same profile or production line truck. Doesnt mean the perform the same.
Many companies contract with big brand name companies to mass produce special lines to the auto manufacturers spec but with alpines or infinity or kicker's technology and higher quality or sound over OEM junk.... doesnt mean they are the best, just a step or 2 above Standard OEM.
They are also tuned to tge vehicle instead of a off the shelf 25watt econo speaker being tossed in to make sound.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They may look the same because they were spec'd to fit the same profile or production line truck. Doesnt mean the perform the same.
Many companies contract with big brand name companies to mass produce special lines to the auto manufacturers spec but with alpines or infinity or kicker's technology and higher quality or sound over OEM junk.... doesnt mean they are the best, just a step or 2 above Standard OEM.
They are also tuned to tge vehicle instead of a off the shelf 25watt econo speaker being tossed in to make sound.

sounds reasonable to me.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know that the alpine system adds a two more above the rear seats, and thee center dash speaker, But I like the stock system that came in the Rebel. This way I can add my own speaker in the dash center for my ham radio, and replace the other speakers with Kickers.