What is my best options for swapping in a OEM touch screen for my 2012 Ram? And are they plug n play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What would be the best OEM touch screen or navigation to put into my 2012 Ram that has the stock radio.

Im looking to find the best and easiest OEM touch screen to install. I'm hoping its just plug n play or a prewired adapter harness is available.

There are so many versions, RBZ, RHB, REN plus more and each version has a low speed canbus and a high speed canbus version.

Which do I need? Low speed or high speed canbus?

I'm so confused when it comes to OEM touch screens and which ones will work on my truck and if it will be plug n play.

If it helps at all, my truck is a 2012 Ram with the OEM RES radio. Has UConnect, Voice Control, Sirius Radio and CD Player.

I know alot of you have swapped your RES for a touch screen, help me out please!!!

I'm looking to order one today off eBay if I can't find one for sale on here.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
First, you'd want a high speed, low won't work. Since you already have uconnect, an RHB, (has NAV), or RBZ or REN (no NAV) are plug and play Some versions of those do not have Sirius or uconnect, can't remember which, best to research the part number on those. RER or the newer RHR (with NAV) will work, but they have uconnect built in so you'd need a mirror bypass harness to bypass the uconnect module. If you do go the ebay route, google the part number before you buy, I've seen several mis-advertised with the wrong bus speed.