whats the going rate for an 8.4 nav HU out of a 2016 ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I uninstalled my 8.4 nav HU out of my 2016 Ram to swap in an alpine 967HD HU. I activated the 8.4 2 months ago with the oem nav option. Is my head unit worth selling? I have no use for it and it's just sitting there. Do I have to have the HU flashed or somehow reset to sell this thing? Need some more experienced help on this subject, please and thank you!

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm I interested in buying if you come up with a price.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm I interested in buying if you come up with a price.
No it will work in any 13 to 17 Ram. If you include your Vin# when you sell it the buyer will be able to get the unlock code from the dealer. The Nav activated RA3 is worth a little more that the standard RA3 plus the 16 and 17 radios are a little nicer than the older units. Should be an easy sale.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have my 14 sitting on a shelf as well but I want to be able to return the truck to stock if I ever sell or trade it. Aren't you worried about that? or do you plan to keep the truck til it's dead?

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No it will work in any 13 to 17 Ram. If you include your Vin# when you sell it the buyer will be able to get the unlock code from the dealer. The Nav activated RA3 is worth a little more that the standard RA3 plus the 16 and 17 radios are a little nicer than the older units. Should be an easy sale.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you for that info! That's easy enough and at least someone else can enjoy it.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have my 14 sitting on a shelf as well but I want to be able to return the truck to stock if I ever sell or trade it. Aren't you worried about that? or do you plan to keep the truck til it's dead?

When the time comes, the alpine unit thats in there now will be perfectly fine. Never received more or less for the radio option in a trade in. I wouldn't mind keeping it for that reason, but I'm going to be keeping this truck for quite awhile! During that time, I most likely will be going through many more HUs before I'm actually satisfied. If the OEM is worth something now, I'd rather have it now before it just turns into a paper weight.