Why won't my fog lights won't turn on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jas8346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wondering if anyone can help me here. Is there anyway I can turn my fog lights while I keep my light switch on "auto"? The only time I've noticed the fog lights working are only when my turning signals are engaged. 14' 1500 express

Thanks

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Your info says you have a 2014, correct?

Push the button and they'll come on as long as the vehicle is running and in drive (or any forward gear).

They do not come on while in park. If they don't come on, you need to push the button on again. A quick trick to see if they're working is in a non-traffic area only put on the parking lights and the foglights will come on when you shift into drive as long as you've pushed the button on the turn dial.

You did push the turn-dial, correct, not the rear bed-cargo light, correct? :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jas8346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol I was pushing the cargo button prior and finally realized what the button was for. I think the problem was I had the truck in park when I was trying to turn them on. I'll try it in a forward gear. Do you if I leave the light switch on auto with the fog lights automatically engage as well or do I need to press the light knob every time I want the fog lights on? Thx!

stro1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Lol I was pushing the cargo button prior and finally realized what the button was for. I think the problem was I had the truck in park when I was trying to turn them on. I'll try it in a forward gear. Do you if I leave the light switch on auto with the fog lights automatically engage as well or do I need to press the light knob every time I want the fog lights on? Thx!

I did the same thing! Felt like a dummy when the dealer had to show me I was hitting the wrong button!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine have stayed on since I turned them on. You shouldn't have to push the button anymore.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
**FWIW I know this is a topic that's come up before so I opened this to see about getting a FAQ together:

http://www.ramforum.com/f38/4th_gen_2009_-_present_faq_thread-51402/

I did the same thing! Felt like a dummy when the dealer had to show me I was hitting the wrong button!

Pretty sure we all have done that. From my background and the vehicles we drove that basically is what the foglight or floodlight switch looks like. No indicator on the dial to tell anyone otherwise until they tell the dealer "WTH Man?".

Last edited:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Yup, some worse than others, I had my cargo light on for the first 2 weeks I had my truck. Right up until my wife ask what that little light was on the back of my cab....

OP
OP
J

Jas8346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thx for the advise everyone!

OP
OP
J

Jas8346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thx for the advise everyone!

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
Your info says you have a 2014, correct?

Push the button and they'll come on as long as the vehicle is running and in drive (or any forward gear).

They do not come on while in park. If they don't come on, you need to push the button on again. A quick trick to see if they're working is in a non-traffic area only put on the parking lights and the foglights will come on when you shift into drive as long as you've pushed the button on the turn dial.

You did push the turn-dial, correct, not the rear bed-cargo light, correct? :D

I must have two rare models that come on in park AND allow me to run them with just the running lights on/headlights off. Huh...

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm pretty sure mine stay on in park, and it's a 14. I think I need to check this out when I leave work. As for just park lamps on, no idea, I never drive like that.

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
I'm pretty sure mine stay on in park, and it's a 14. I think I need to check this out when I leave work. As for just park lamps on, no idea, I never drive like that.

I don't either. Just found out by mistake one night. Looks cool for a
Nighttime photo shoot though.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I dont know if its a canadian model thing but my fogs and all that ive noticed only come on with low beams

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know if its a canadian model thing but my fogs and all that ive noticed only come on with low beams

yeah you're not supposed to be able to use them with high beams. not really sure why, i assumed they don't want you blinding people but you're suppose to turn the high beams off anyway so it doesn't make sense

i changed my car to allow it but turned out it actually can't put out enough juice to fully power both so my lights get dim anyway

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Checked mine leaving work this morning. They're on even when I'm in park with low beams/auto. Forgot to check with just park lamps.

pedroghne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my fogs always used to come on with auto headlights but ever since I install my trinity, I have to manually turn the fogs on. anyone know a fix for this?

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my fogs always used to come on with auto headlights but ever since I install my trinity, I have to manually turn the fogs on. anyone know a fix for this?

anyone have a thought on this?

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must have two rare models that come on in park AND allow me to run them with just the running lights on/headlights off. Huh...

I must have a rare model just like you.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I must have a rare model just like you.

Yep, same here. I can run them with just my parking lights and if I leave the on in AUTO mode, they're always on in AUTO mode. Until I decide when I do not want them to come on.

bronnekr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Same fog light issue

I have a 2009 for a couple weeks and can't figure out the fog lights. It doesn't seem that my headlight dial is a push button one for the fog lights and can't find it with any other switches or buttons in the whole cab. I'm getting so frustrated with it!