Window auto up wont work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 laramie. Auto down works fine, but driverside auto up doesnt work. Bad switch?

The kracken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had this happen multiple times and sometimes it just starts working. Take the hot side of the battery cable off .its worked for me

Sent from a device thats sends stuff

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had this happen multiple times and sometimes it just starts working. Take the hot side of the battery cable off .its worked for me

Sent from a device thats sends stuff

Word. Ill reset it

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
To recalibrate:

1. Open the window holding the switch down. Hold the switch down for a count of three after it bottoms out.

2. Raise the window holding the switch up. Hold the switch up for a count of 3 after it totally closes.

Repeat steps 1 & 2 at least 3 times in quick succession.

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maddog's instructions worked for my 2016 Big Horn too, although I think I only had to do it twice and it's happened once again since the first time...

TomA.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2015 Ram Lone Star Crew cab and have similar problems. I have auto button for both front doors but neither work. The passenger side goes up using auto button on the passenger side. I have tried the 3 seconds, the 10 seconds etc and nothing seems to be effective. Guess I can try disconnecting battery. Tom

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too bad there isn't a way to turn off the auto up/down feature. My ham hands can't seem to find the split hair of separation between the two and every time I want to crack the window a little it engages and starts rolling all the way down.

Kenai Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you tap the button a second time in whichever direction you are moving the window it will stop at the position it is in.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
To recalibrate:

1. Open the window holding the switch down. Hold the switch down for a count of three after it bottoms out.

2. Raise the window holding the switch up. Hold the switch up for a count of 3 after it totally closes.

This just worked on my 2014 CC Express as well. I changed my door modules and mirrors for power folding mirrors this past weekend and despite making sure I had the proper switch, the auto-up function was not working.

-K

Bzubke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To recalibrate:

I used this method on my 2016 big horn and it worked for me. My passenger front door auto down worked but not auto up. All good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk