Wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm going to be installing a new stereo in my 2012 ram. Is there a wire harness so I won't have to cut into the wires in the dash? Can somebody provide me a link?
Would be greatly appreciated

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Maybe look at PAC audio? Or ask Crutchfield advisors online

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
I'm going to be installing a new stereo in my 2012 ram. Is there a wire harness so I won't have to cut into the wires in the dash? Can somebody provide me a link?
Would be greatly appreciated

Yes, but it depends on which system you have. Either way, you will have to splice the aftermarket radio wires into the harness wires. I know for my 2010 with the amplified Alpine system I had to use a CHTO-03.

Avoid places like BestBuy, they mark their harnesses up a ton. I would work with Sonic Electronix or Crutchfield to get your part number.

OP
OP
jram1500

jram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes, but it depends on which system you have. Either way, you will have to splice the aftermarket radio wires into the harness wires. I know for my 2010 with the amplified Alpine system I had to use a CHTO-03.

Avoid places like BestBuy, they mark their harnesses up a ton. I would work with Sonic Electronix or Crutchfield to get your part number.

I have the non alpine. Isn't there a way to plug a harness into the stock harness then the after market deck will splice into that? Then I can go back to stock if I ever need too

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
I have the non alpine. Isn't there a way to plug a harness into the stock harness then the after market deck will splice into that? Then I can go back to stock if I ever need too

Yes, that is exactly what happens.

Basically, you splice the wiring from the stereo into the harness and the harness then simply plugs into your factory wiring. It is pretty simple once you get going with it.

OP
OP
jram1500

jram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes, that is exactly what happens.

Basically, you splice the wiring from the stereo into the harness and the harness then simply plugs into your factory wiring. It is pretty simple once you get going with it.

Awesome. That's exactly what I needed to know