Wiring Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rthorsten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i am sure this has been asked but I can't find it. I have the basic 6 speaker set up with a aftermarket HU. How do you wire the six speakers into a four channel amp correctly. Also does anyone one run 3.5 in the dash with components in the doors (tweeter in A pillar). Wondering if it would be to much highs.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are running them off the head unit the harness will keep everything working as it should. The 6x9s in the front doors and 3.5s in the dash are wired together in stock wiring configuration. Unless you have a great eq don't run 3.5s that have a built in tweet and another one separately it will be harsh.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There are three options that are all acceptable. Just have to choose what works best. I like option 2 since you can adjust the amp's gains a little to match the output of the dash speakers from the headunit. Really the same as option 3 but with less equipment. An aftermarket headunit has plenty of power for a couple of 3.5s.

1. Wire the dash speakers and front door speakers in parallel to the front channels. This is how it's done with the stock system.

2. Power the dash speakers from the headunit and the door speakers from the amp. This is what I did on my last two Rams (10 and 12).

3. Power the door speakers from the 4 channel amp and run the dash from a separate 2 channel amp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye