xentec hids any one ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i was going to get the JJ wiring harness to use with my xentec kit but after talking to him, he said if it does not work they cannot take the kit back and the kit isnt cheap so befor i make a move i though id ask and see if any one else has used the JJ kit with their xentec hid kits for the gen 4 ram, mine is an 11

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
JJ wiring kit ?? He makes his own wires now ?

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks for the usefull replies

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Personally mine has worked just plug and play no harness no canceller and i did that on my 12 and my current 10 i know its frowned upon but it works for me never had a problen

And yes both kits were xentec

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i plugged mine in and the "head light out bulb" came on alot, and then one after the next my head lights would go out... first the left high light then the right low... i replaced them and then one after the next.... i guess i should have used dilectric grease on the contacts cause i found them to have corrosion on them every time i replaced one

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
JJ wiring kit ?? He makes his own wires now ?

no, I don't. I use my supplier, I dont' have time to fool with that wiring stuff. LOL

On the harness, more than likely it will work - but I never say without a doubt that it will work with another company's ballasts and bulbs. It should, but........its not like I've tested it with all the other brands of HID kits out there. :birgits_tiredcoffee

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Personally mine has worked just plug and play no harness no canceller and i did that on my 12 and my current 10 i know its frowned upon but it works for me never had a problen

And yes both kits were xentec

why is if frowned upon ? could i burn something up ?

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine worked too just plug and play but I had to buy the canceller due to the fact that it was flickering and it bugged the crap out of me. Its frowned upon because it could potentially burn up your wiring.

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine worked too just plug and play but I had to buy the canceller due to the fact that it was flickering and it bugged the crap out of me. Its frowned upon because it could potentially burn up your wiring.

hmm, have you had any problems with yours after the canceller ? ie the "bulb out" light coming on or any of that ?

i take it the wiring harness keeps the factory wiring from burning up ?

and what is a canceller ? any one have an ebay link to the one they are using

one last thing, i have a clear grease i bought once for rifles, its called i think super grease, it says its a dielectric grease, so this means i can take some and put it inside each plug in and it will not short any thing out correct ?

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I do have any problems with the lights after I installed the cancellor. I also never received any warning light it is used because the rams have some sort of system that powers your factory headlights and because HIDs do not have a filament in them the computer doesnt recognize that there are any headlights. So the cancellor fools the computer and keeps the lights burning at a steady rate getting rid of the flicker. Here is a link. pretty easy to install too.

Dodge HID Flicker Fix - HID Capacitors for Dodge Cars and Trucks : Amazon.com : Automotive

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Like said above just frowned upon because a relay harness is like a last chance to save your factory harness and the canceller should help with the codes thats what its made for the codes and strobe effect

Ive only had to use them on my charger

Also on mine i just used liquid electric tape to seal my connections that are outside the housing

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No I do have any problems with the lights after I installed the cancellor. I also never received any warning light it is used because the rams have some sort of system that powers your factory headlights and because HIDs do not have a filament in them the computer doesnt recognize that there are any headlights. So the cancellor fools the computer and keeps the lights burning at a steady rate getting rid of the flicker. Here is a link. pretty easy to install too.

Dodge HID Flicker Fix - HID Capacitors for Dodge Cars and Trucks : Amazon.com : Automotive

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.

ok how many flicker kits do i need or does this work for both high and low beam ?

also did you have any problems with the xentec plugs and the factory plugs, if i remember correctly we had to modify a plug to snap into the other plug

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The question is do you have Dual or Quad headlights? if you have Dual the above set will work for both headlights.

I had to shave the connector part on the HID to get the factory plug to snap on.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I haven't used something like this since my first HID kit, but here's a cheaper source

HID Warning Canceler - Retro-Solutions Store

Use code "JJ" for 10% off as well.

And yes, its really.......not the best way to do it. The relay harness is the best way, to keep your truck's computer safer.

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i do have a relay harness, i got a 25 or 50 dollar one off ebay a while back... but my lights still had problems.. mainly corrosion and flickering

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey what voltage of canceller do i need ? 9-16v or ???