XS Power D6500 and my audio build woes....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well, just finished installing a Pac Bci-ch41 and Avs21. Hard wired a multi input power inverter to run my 4th gen Apple TV and hdmi to component cable adaptor. I also installed some older LCD monitors into my stock headrests. Everything went well but took a LONG TIME LOL! My problem is the damn XS Power D6500 battery. The posts are reversed. So I have ZERO slack and obviously just can't flip the battery around. Who else has swapped out their battery for an aftermarket one and ran into this very problem? What did you do to remedy the flip flop post issue? I need some help with this as it's going to hold up the rest of my build. I have two amps and various other audio gear to install to compete the audio/video build. This battery thing is ******* me off.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Well, just finished installing a Pac Bci-ch41 and Avs21. Hard wired a multi input power inverter to run my 4th gen Apple TV and hdmi to component cable adaptor. I also installed some older LCD monitors into my stock headrests. Everything went well but took a LONG TIME LOL! My problem is the damn XS Power D6500 battery. The posts are reversed. So I have ZERO slack and obviously just can't flip the battery around. Who else has swapped out their battery for an aftermarket one and ran into this very problem? What did you do to remedy the flip flop post issue? I need some help with this as it's going to hold up the rest of my build. I have two amps and various other audio gear to install to compete the audio/video build. This battery thing is ******* me off.

Can you return the battery? Go to auto parts store and rig up some new cables

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you really want to google the old interweb there are many hacks out there to bypass the ac voltage input on a apple tv (they convert it to a 12vdc internally).

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same problem when I put my yellow top in my truck. I had to put the battery in backwards and just bent the battery cables straight and then they fit, just barely but they fit.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had the same problem when I put my yellow top in my truck. I had to put the battery in backwards and just bent the battery cables straight and then they fit, just barely but they fit.

after I installed the body lift, I have absolutely no slack at all. I bought everything I need to extend my stuff to work and look good too! Its held up my build until all the stuff arrives today into tomorrow. But thanks for some input! I honestly didnt like the lack of slack I had and this will rectify both issues I'm having!