04 Ram 1500, Best Replacment Headlight bulb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I am looking to replace my Headlight bulbs with something hopefully a little bit brighter, Any ideas? Thanks

dodgelife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I think they are called Sylvania ZXE headlights. I run them on my car and they are definitely bright. Otherwise Sylvania Silverstars are also good. I run them on my truck.

prican2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
I know people are gonna say that you are not supposed to do this but I had HIDs (6000K Temp) in my OEM Headlight housing and OMG them suckers were bright and it was exactly what I needed for these dark streets.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I know people are gonna say that you are not supposed to do this but I had HIDs (6000K Temp) in my OEM Headlight housing and OMG them suckers were bright and it was exactly what I needed for these dark streets.

They also blind people in front of you.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
X2 for ZXE's, I've been running them for about a year and they're definitely better than stock.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hid's in a reflector light scatters the light everywhere,blinding and ******* off oncomming traffic..With a projector style you would be fine..

Silver star or the ss ultra would be a fine choice or add an led light bar..I have been heating the zxe's dont last like the ultras do..Ill be awaiting the results on my change over as well..

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I really like these GP authentic thunder bulbs I got off eBay even with my smoked lenses they put off a lot of light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A guy on another board said he is running LED Bulbs he got off E Bay and really likes them. I may try them, $44 for teh set Hi/Lo.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking at LED's also, wondering if they have the same "issue" as the HID's do in a stock housing. Any takers?

This all comes after a news article where the Toyota Prius was the only vehicle made that had headlights bright enough to get a even a "good" rating.