04 Ram 1500 Radio size options, what will fit?Touch screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you tried Crutchfield's site? Pretty helpful.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX with a 7" touch screen in my 04. It will fit the dash but the bezel around the radio needs to be modified and you need to cut out some of the dash plastic behind the radio for it to go it. I think you can find bezels on ebay for this. Do some searching on the forums, I'm sure this has been covered before.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A double din radio won't just drop in to your truck. Since you didn't have factory navigation, the hole in the dash isn't big enough to fit a double din. So you have 3 options:

1. Use a single din radio like the 2nd one you listed

2. Get a new center dash bezel from a truck with factory navigation, and a double din radio will fit fine

3. Modify your existing bezel to fit a double din size radio. There are write ups floating around on how to do this.

Option 3 will be cheaper but much more work, option 2 will be very easy but more expensive.

Once you get the dash figured out, you will still need a dash kit for the actual install of the radio, a wiring harness and an antenna adapter. And if you have steering wheel controls and want to keep them you'll need an interface for them like the metra aswc-1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year Bezels will work? I think I found aftermarket ones on E Bay.