05 stock radio question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all I am new to this forum. I just bought a 05 4 door with the hemi.
I have a question about the stock ram radio. Mine has a CD player(cd won't eject)with just 4 speakers. Will the 6 disc radio out of a 04 with the infinity radio/speakers work in my truck? I want to take mine out and hook that one up with no modifications. Since 6disc radio had a factory amp I'm not sure it is a direct replacement.
Thanks for your help.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Unless you get the complete infinity system out of the donor truck then no it wont work. I suggest getting an aftermarket radio (most are much better than anything installed from the factory) and install that instead. Would most likely be cheaper and less of a headache than trying to get all the infinity parts. Plus If I am not mistaken 90% of the new aftermarket radios have either a usb input, an external or internal hard drive, or the inputs or interface for most smart phones. Pretty much making CD's obsolete. Why carry a couple dozen CD's when you can have one 4 to 16 gig usb drive with all your music on it??

OP
OP
Kmiller

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what's I was thinking. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Kmiller if I may make a suggestion get a radio with the preamp outputs. I know the Kentwood offerings have both front, rear, and subwoofer RCA outputs. Pretty much making installing amps easy as just hooking them up (well that is if you take the time to run the RCA's and the remote turn on when you install the head unit).