10 in JL Custom Sub Intsall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newjackle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought I would share some pics on the install I did in my crew cab truck in case anyone was ever curious of how to get some 10 subs into theirs.

3ZLAdbr.jpg
[/IMG]

kKFm1Ug.jpg
[/IMG]

jcWSFUG.jpg
[/IMG]

B59Ni8v.jpg

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How big is each enclosure? I have a pair of Alpine Type R's headed my way and was trying to get a rough idea how much space I was working with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How big is each enclosure? I have a pair of Alpine Type R's headed my way and was trying to get a rough idea how much space I was working with.

The fox acoustics boxes are 1.35 cubic feet per side.

Not to thread jack but I have a single alpine type r 10" in one of those fox boxes and it sounds awesome.

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's cool, maybe I can port them then if I make a custom box since alpine's recommended box size is 1 cubic foot. I figured I'd do two since Crutchfield has a BOGO sale on most alpine speakers right now. What could be better than dual type r's?

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Aren't those amps going to get hot jammed in that tight area like that?

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of the JL amps are class D meaning they run cooler than A/B traditional mobile audio amps. I'd guess he'll be fine, though I might consider putting them on a small piece of MDF to avoid leaving a spot on the carpet.

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was considering putting the amp into my custom center console. I have a 5 channel class D amp there already and it hardly heats up, if I get alpine's pdx mono amp, it's designed to stack on top of my existing amp. But if I do go put it in the back, I'll definitely mount it in a carpeted board. It's easier to hide wires that way.