2002 Six Speaker Sysyem Door Speaker Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I have the Infinity six speaker sound system in my 2002 and need to replace passenger side door speaker. I had read in a thread here the Alpine SPS-619 would fit and ordered from Amazon, but then read elsewhere they are 4ohm speakers and then at Crutchfield they do not show as a fit.

I would like to confirm they really fit and I'm wondering how the ohm difference will effect entire system sound. And should I just return when received and order the stock speakers to best blend with the rest of the system.

I'm new here and sincerely appreciate the response from those more knowledgeable than me.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
They'll fit you just have to do some modding to it. The issue I think you'll have like me is depth going into the door, it's deeper than the OEM Infiniti and will hit where the glass sits in the "down" position. This can be fixed, I just got 4 nuts that were about 3/16 tall when layed flat that were big enough on the ID to allow the screw to pass through (acting as a spacer) and it'll bring it out enough for your clearance. I took resistance into account, but the change hasn't effected mine so you should be fine. I'm sure stereo guru's will chime in and give you more info if needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
astark

astark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Thank you SilverStreak88, that is good to know and greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to further response from the audio gurus here as well :)

OP
OP
astark

astark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
An update for anyone searching such information on down the road from my experience.

The Alpine SPS-619 mentioned above in my initial post do not fit, and even with an extra spacing plate I had on hand it would have required more modification than I was willing to pursue, especially given the fact that a 4ohm speaker does not match well with a 2ohm system.

I returned the Alpine speakers after listening to them, they sounded terrible due to the reason mentioned above, and purchased original 2ohm speakers from a genuine parts supplier and wow, what a difference, well worth twice the price, and my recommendation if your sticking with the stock Infinity head unit and rest of speakers system.