2003 radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elledrama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1. I'm a girl and don't know anything about electronics & what to buy [emoji5]
2. I'm looking for a screen with USB, iPod and Bluetooth

Any suggestions or has anyone done it - can I see what it looks like?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you want a single or double din radio? The double din ones are the ones that have the full touchscreen and usually play DVDs and can have navigation and all that good stuff. Single dins are the standard size ones that most people think of when they think of an aftermarket radio. Smaller, and usually no touch screen, DVD player etc.

Basically you'll need 4 things. You'll need a 40-CR10 antenna adapter, a 70-6502 wiring harness, a dash kit (95-6522B for a double din radio, or 99-6503 for a single din), and last, your radio. All the part numbers above are Metra brand numbers which can be bought at most places like Best Buy or ordered online.

As far as the radio, pioneer, alpine, and kenwood are good brands that are available pretty much anywhere. Best thing to do is go somewhere that has them on display and play around with them. Find one that has the options you want, and is easy for you to use. Some can be confusing getting around the menus and stuff. A single din with the options you want will usually start around 100-120 dollars. A double din with those options will probably start around 300 dollars.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Good advice, above. You don't have a lot of requirements, so it shouldn't be too costly. Best of all, a known brand will be plug and play and probably the most effort would be to cut out a piece of the inner dash for a double-DIN chassis.