2004 CLuster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orangebrd72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations for service to fix my cluster on a 2004 Ram? Right now my odometer stopped lighting up as well as the emergency warning lights in that area as well. The right side of the cluster works fine just the left side is not lighting up. All my needles on the gauges work fine across the board. I have seen one place so far called the circuit board medics. Just not sure if they are my best or safest bet. I know the dealer will cost me an arm and leg.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
This is a picture of your cluster. Is it just a light out issue? The bulbs can be changed.

TyzbrX.jpg

OP
OP
O

orangebrd72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know for sure. I don't think it's a bulb. The digital reading of the odometer would work for a few days the go out then come back and now it is out and has stayed out. When I push the Tow/Haul button on my column shift, nothing lights up. When I just turn the key to the on position, that left side does not light where the warning lights are displayed. Does that sound like just a bulb? I'm limited with repair knowledge and can do basic simple stuff. Anything that would be a big job unfortunately I would have to get fixed at a shop or dealer, which I try to avoid at all costs unless I have no choice. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
My guess is no it's not just a bulb. There are three electrical plugs on the back of the panel. I would check to make sure they are clean and making a good connection. Other than that I would say download the manual and start looking at what wires are common to your issues..

Deiz29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My bulbs went out too and I can't find a replacement number anywhere? Which bulbs do I need? It's for a 2003 I believe there was 11 of them when I removed the speedo I did it before I ever drove the car at night just noticed this the other day.

Garrett Wimberley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 1/2
Engine
5.9 Cummings
I’ve been dealing with this Odometer issue for awhile now. The picture above of our gauge cluster, you can see the ccurcuit board under neath right? If you take the silver screws out of the black plastic bezel which holds the gauge cluster together, you will find the circuit board. On the Curcuit board you will see what I’m going to call “micro chips” if you will, start checking ALL the solder connections and you will hopefully find your problem. See photo. Another solution is Searching instrument cluster repair, I’ve found a few companies that you would have to send your gauge cluster to and they repair any problem with it. About $100-$150. This is much cheaper than the dealership and buying the whole dash just to get a new gauge cluster since dodge discontinued the manufacture of just the gauge cluster. I hope this helps, believe Me I know how frustrating this issue is. Take care.

2E305CFA-6113-4B8D-B711-8A9DB4720415.png