2005 Dodge Ram Regular Cab Subwoofer setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darklink911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-8
Hello, Everyone. So I am REALLY wanting to start thumping. I got my Dodge ram and I fell head over heels with it from the moment I laid eyes on it. Only a couple of things i would like to change! Yes, I already bought a new head unit. I just need the subs, a box, and the wires. The part I am worried about is the box. I have searched high and low, and it is impossible to find a box that will fit. Closest I have come is this Prefab box by SubThump, but it is a little pricey for just a prefab. I would be willing to dish it out if need be, but I am hoping maybe some of you would be willing to help me out before then? and I suppose while we are on the subject of car audio, I also experienced a problem when replacing the head unit. I cant hear out of one side of the truck. If i adjust the balance to the right side of the truck, there is no sound, but on the driver's side, I can hear it loud and clear. I look forward to hearing from you soon and I hope someone out there can help me out!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You should think about building it yourself. I have had audio shops build boxes in the past and I have never been happy with the quality. If you have a tablesaw or a friend with one, get some 3/4 MDF from your local hardware store and get cutting. There are airspace calculators online that can help you figure out the dimensions and in some cases tell you exactly what size piece of wood to cut. When shopping for a sub, try to find the optimal sealed box size and mounting depth. Any ported box will be much larger than the sealed. But people have different taste is bass.

As for hearing only the left side, it sounds like you have your right channel hooked up wrong or not at all. Do you have the headunit going straight to the factory harness? If so, you may have to get the headunit manual out and get a wiring guide for the truck to make sure it all lines up properly. The more time consuming method would be running fresh wires from the headunit to each speaker. But you will know there are no breaks. Speaking of breaks, if you have an Volt Ohm Meter you can check continuity from the ram harness to the speaker location. Something may be disconnected in the door molex. You may have a stock amp under the passenger dash too.

Bottom line is it sounds like the wires are not connected to the right side.

Hope you get it straightened out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963