2007 Ram radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curtiskline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I bought a 2007 Ram 1500 with this radio (according to online build sheet):

6CD/Full Map GPS Display Nav Radio

It seems to be an Infinity system, and it sounds great. The only problem is there is no Aux or Bluetooth input, so I can't get music to it from my Android phone. I've tried the FM radio connection gadgets, but the sound quality is terrible.

What's the best option? I would be fine with swapping the head unit out for something else, if I could get a recommendation on the best units to use for this system. Also any pitfalls I might run into. I'd like to keep the existing speakers and do the minimum amount of work on this to get high-quality sound from my phone.

Thanks!
Curtis

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I installed a Kenwood head unit in my 2007. If that is an Infinity head unit, pull it out and check the back of the unit, there might be a socket to plug in for bluetooth or USB. A lot of head units (High end units) have multiple connections on them, but are connected before the unit is installed. Good luck.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I highly recommend the kenwood excelon DNX series head units if you want a navigation unit, or DDX if you want DVD player. i have the DDX594 https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX594/Kenwood-Excelon-DDX594.html?search=ddx594&skipvs=T
This unit and i bought it solely because i wanted flawless wireless bluetooth music connection from my android like my 4runner does, i did a lot of research and and almost everything pointed to the kenwood excelon DDX (or DNX if you want NAV) line even beating out some of the $700 android specific media machines. ive had my DDX594 (link above) for about 2 years or so now and havent had a single issue and it wirelessly connects to my samsung galaxy S7 edge instantly after starting the truck, all my music works seemlesly wether im playing from my google play music, my google download files, my MUVE music app, my songflip app or youtube. it also comes with a plug that you cant plug your android into to charge or to upload files like pictures onto the unit to use as backgrounds. ONLY complaint is that when the sun glares on the screen it is kinda hard to see, but thats only when the sun is directly on the screen otherwise it is a amazing android unit