2008 radio upgrade help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metro12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought a used 2008 that was too good of a deal to pass up. I want to upgrade my REF radio to an OEM navigation unit. No steering wheel controls, unit supposedly has sirrius. I owned an 07 Charger back 10 years ago, and between trying to recall that and reading post here, I'm seeing some items about fast/slow canbus, etc. Hoping for some help on what I need to buy to have an OEM nav work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It would probably be easier to get an aftermarket head unit with nav. There are plenty of kits that will allow you to retro-fit a double din head unit into the dash. It would certainly work better than the OEM unit did as well.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Much better choice to just go with an aftermarket unit. My truck came with the factory touch screen navigation unit and I can tell you that it is a steaming pile of garbage and it won't be anywhere near a direct swap to install it anyway.

Last edited: