4wd indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tumtum512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Cummins
I'm have the 4wd indicator flash intermittent... it looks like a short somewhere, because there is not pattern with the intermittent flashing... just kinda flash on and off like a grounding issue.. happens mostly when driving... just had my Trans rebuilt, but not sure if they would have been playing with that... I did add fluid to the 5wd transfer case thinking that maybe it was a low level indicator, it was low, not anymore, and still having issue... they also reprogrammed my ecm and had a wiring issue with the ttva that has been resolved but worth noting since it was fine after rebuild.. any thoughts or suggestions? maybe the location of 4wd sensor on the case below? needs replaced?

ps this is my first post but I'm itching to show my doggy off! 2005 3500 5.9l automatic trans

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Not throwing codes? Do you have manual or electronic t-case shift? Can go from there once we know what kind of shifter you have.

OP
OP
T

tumtum512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Cummins
manual shift lever, no check engine light, need to stop to have it scanned for current codes if it is