AC/Heat Blower Intermitting Issue & Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toeknee10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently picked up an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Hemi. So I do not know the history of it and the previous owner did not have it for long.

First off I am not a mechanic.. The issue I am experiencing is that the Blower Fan for the AC/Heat would work intermittently. I would go to turn on it on and nothing. The AC & Defrost lights do work. At first I figured the blower fan went since when I had it on high it would rattle a lot. I replaced the blower and at first it still did not work but then kicked in and started to work. Few weeks later it did the same thing. Checked the fuses again and everything seemed fine. This time I figure I would replace the resistant motor. Again same results. Did not work then started to work again. The one thing that I did start to notice is that it stops working if the vehicle gets wet. The first couple of times it stopped working when I washed the truck and the last time it was raining and it stopped working. Another issue that I notice is that the passenger windows and rear driver side window will not open from their switches also when I am having this issue. But they will open from the driver side master switch. Are all of these tied in to the same box?

One of the previous owners have AC work done and a lot of parts were replaced with new items. Possible short somewhere? Or something corroded?

Thanks in advance

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the Windows don't open only when it rains also, or do they not work at all from their switches? Check the wiring between each door and the cab just pull the rubber boot back and see if any wires are broken.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956