Adding an Aux plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiger9297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have an '07 Dodge 2500 with the Nav/XM radio/CD changer. I just got the truck and I don't see where there is an Aux plug. Maybe I'm missing it but so far I haven't found it. I listen to my ipod all the time, and I really don't like the FM modulator things. Is there any way to add an Aux plug to these systems?

Thanks in advance for the help.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your truck has one stock its going to be right on the head unit in a lower corner. If you dont have this then your only other option is to get a new head unit or use a fm modulator.

iceman

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes there is let me see if i still have the directions

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are ways, some rather expensive. Almost easier to get a new radio sometimes. I remember doing some Googles for it and found an adapter. Good luck

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i hope you didnt go out and spend money on a new head unit, you can make a ipod connection using your xm wiring for about $8 I did it in my GTP with a couple parts from radio shack a piece of lan wire and a soldering gun. I will have to try and find the write up do to it.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
PAC makes an adapter that plugs into back of radio and it will allow you to listen to iPod and charge at same time. You will need to determine what style head unit you have by looking at the front of the radio for small code.

$miley

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
PAC makes an adapter that plugs into back of radio and it will allow you to listen to iPod and charge at same time. You will need to determine what style head unit you have by looking at the front of the radio for small code.

$miley

this looks like a great option.

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tools Needed:
Wire Cutter
Wire Stripper
Soldering Iron and Solder
Drill
Nut Drivers
Heat Gun

Materials Needed:
Wire
Shrink Tubing
Electrical Tape
1/8" Stereo Jack (RadioShack Part #274-246)

1. Disconnect Battery and remove the dash trim and radio.
2. Find the XM radio plug. (See picture #1)
3. Cut the brown/white wire and the green/white wire. Also, strip about a 1/4" off the black/white wire but do not cut it. (See picture #2)
4. Solder wires to stereo jack and splice them in as shown. (See picture #3 and wiring diagram)
A. Terminal 1 - Splice into Black/White wire
B. Terminal 2 - Connect to Radio Side of Brown/White wire
C. Terminal 3 - Connect to XM Antenna Side of Brown/White wire
D. Terminal 4 - Connect to Radio Side of Green/White Wire
E. Terminal 5 - Connect to XM Antenna Side of Green/White Wire
F. Tan Wire - Do Nothing
5. Shrink tube bare wire connections and wrap in electrical tape. (See picture #4)
6. Drill hole in a location for the stereo jack and install. (See picture #5)

This will allow to plug in an mp3 player and play it through your audio system when you select XM radio from the bands. You do not need to have XM Radio service, even a XM preview channel will work. This does not work with non XM radios. I am in the process of determining how to make this work on a non XM Radio enabled stereo.

deanot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram
Engine
Cummins
Updated?

Do you (or anyone else) know if this has been updated with pictures anywhere else? The links provided have no pictures which I suspect are extremely helpful.

cdyt7717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to bring this post back after over a year, but where is the XM harness that I need to splice into? I didn't see any wires with the colors mentioned behind the factory radio.